KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Full responsibility for the planning, leading and directing the Brand, Communication and Trade Marketing initiatives with the aim of growing Vodafone M-Pesa’s share of the mobile financial services market in Mozambique.
Detailed responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for Brand KPI’s: Awareness, Preference, Equity, Share of Voice.
- Responsible for Market Research, both standard and ad-hoc.
- Understand the target market and ensure the marketing effort is directed towards the market segment.
- Responsible for promotion and education on commercial offerings.
- Responsible for customer acquisition and education field teams.
- Create and manage winning partnerships with key stakeholders and service providers.
- Ensure the effective delivery of new campaigns to market on quickest possible timings and ensure growth of cross-segment products.
- Design, implement and optimize the Brand message and engagement processes and model across all functions within the organization.
- Undertake Market analysis and derive from it a localized Brand Strategy and implementation plan, across all media and relevant touch points.
- Develop and manage the execution of the Media Strategy, including online, both on a broader level and on a per-campaign basis.
- Develop and manage the execution of segmented Customer Value Management campaigns for customer acquisition, retention, up-selling and cross-selling.
- Compile a competitive analysis and define the differentiators of the Brand.
- Compile monthly reports including the analysis of market perceptions and opportunities.
- Support Trade Marketing and Events in the development of a consistent Brand presence and engagement execution.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Presence and Trade Merchandising plan, including execution against agreed plan.
- Support the development and promotion of Product and Services to ensure they abide to Brand positioning and ease of understanding.
- Compiling detailed presentation for senior management as they relate to Brand and Communications.
- Responsible for expert level understanding of competitor positioning and offers to be able to develop and manage an effective Brand positioning.
- Manage and control the Marketing budget, striving to achieve maximum efficiencies and ROI.
- Responsible for Physical handling of promotional material in/out of the warehouse.
- Identify problems and opportunities within the mobile financial service/ market.
- Initiate and define product improvements to meet changing financial market needs.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Commerce/ Marketing or related fields or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Advertising/ FMCG/ Financial Services concern in the areas of Brand management, Marketing and Communications.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team
- Advanced hands-on experience in market research, business analysis, brand strategy and campaign management.
- Experience in and knowledge of Telecoms and/or Financial Services industries (preferred).
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Leadership and strategic focus.
- Experience in implementing advertising campaigns, agency briefs, media planning and market research.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- ADVANCED proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint MANDATORY.
- Computer literacy essential. (MS Office and Power Point presentations is essential )
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Relationship management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and training skills
- Strong Business Analysis skills
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Business awareness
- Hands on personality
- Result driven
- Customer focused
- Problem Solving and analysis
- Creative innovative thinking
- Initiative and teamwork
- Fluency in both English and Portuguese
- Socially confident
- Drive to win (market leadership)
- Open minded nature
- Perseverance and dedication to goals
- High energy levels
- Willingness to work long hours under extreme pressure.
Location: Edifício Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo.
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date: 28-Apr-17, 11:59:00 PM