Senior Accountant: Tax – EDI00007U
- Ensuring Vodacom Mozambique comply with all taxation related laws in Mozambique.
- Implementing taxation related policies and procedures to minimise taxation risk.
- Providing taxation guidance and support to the business units as and when required
- Keeping up to date with all changes in taxation related laws, policies and procedures and ensuring that the business is kept up to date re the potential impact.
- Assisting on all tax related calculations, forms and submissions to the Taxation Authorities.
- Liaise with Taxation Authorities re taxation issues
- Understanding and being able to perform Income Taxation, Employee Tax, Withholding Tax, Deferred taxation and IVA calculations.
- Understanding and being able to provide guidance on the Double Taxation Agreements entered into between Mozambique and various other countries.
- Assist with working documents draft in respect of Tax Engagement strategy, Tax Risk Management and other
- Assist with quantification of tax impacts seeking tax optimization
- Assist with tax planning in the budget/forecast cycles
- Assist in drafting procedures to be put in place to ensure all Finance documents comply with the legal requirements foreseen under the Mozambican tax legislation both internally and externally.
- Completion of monthly IVA returns, reconciliation and submission on a timeous basis to the Taxation Authorities.
- Ensuring monthly IVA payments are done on time.
- IVA reasonability calculations to be performed monthly on all revenue accounts to ensure accuracy and detail checks to be done on expenditure invoices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Full understanding of scenarios when these are triggered and to ensure these taxes are correctly calculated and accounted for.
- Being able to assist with training and support to the business on these taxes to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Monthly reconciliations of the various withholding tax accounts, completion of the withholding tax payment forms and ensuring timeous payment of these taxes.
- Requesting withholding tax certificates and providing them to the business and 3rd parties as and when required.
- Completion of monthly income tax calculations required for reporting purposes.
- Completion of financial year end income tax calculation and submission to the Taxation Authority of related forms and documents as per the Taxation Laws.
- Understanding of the PGC-NIRF and how this needs to be reflected in the income tax calculation.
Double Taxation Agreements
- Fully understand the double taxation agreements between Mozambique and other countries to ensure Vodacom Mozambique and suppliers benefit as far as possible.
Tax Planning and Business Partnering
- Assist in the budget/ forecast process in the corporate income tax, VAT, withholding taxes
- Assist with draft of working papers in approach to Tax authority and other entities as part of the influencing/ lobbying tax objectives.
- Assist with the quantification of tax impacts when seeking tax optimization strategies
Competencies, Skills & Educational Qualifications:
- Specialist knowledge of Mozambican Tax Laws and Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. (English and Portuguese)
- Knowledge of business process management.
- Excellent Word and Excel proficiency.
- Communication skills & interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving/analysis skills.
- Time & conflict management.
- Analysing and presenting statistical information.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Problem solving and analysis ability.
- Forward thinking.
- Detail conscious.
- Ability to work under pressure (fast pace, tight deadlines, long hours, etc.)
- Must be fully computer literate and have sound knowledge of Microsoft software (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point and Outlook)
- Taxation and some accounting background.
- 3 years experience in the taxation fields. (Some accounting will be beneficial).
- Management, Legal or Accounting Degree with Taxation specialization.
- Post graduate and any additional taxation certification and courses will be an advantage.
- Ability to organise.
- Time management.
- Action orientated.
- Quality orientated.
- Focus on detail.
Se tens vontade de colocar o poder da Internet nas mãos do cliente, gostas de trabalhar de forma simples, confiante e rápida, escolhe a melhor vaga de emprego para ti e concorre clicando no seguinte Link: Oportunidades de Carreira
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date: 11-May-17, 11:59:00 PM