Manager: Inventory – EDI00007Q
The Inventory Manager is responsible for the delivery of the day to day operational performance of the domestic supply chain across all warehousing and distribution. The role will ensure compliance to Company Procedures and the achievement of acceptable service levels from Vodacom’s out sourced executional logistics partners. The role holder is responsible for all inventory reconciliations for the depots and main warehouse, report of the same giving the business the insights to make strategic decisions around inventory holding as well as highlight any potential inventory loss / risk. The role holder is full accountable for the outbound demand planning, and ensuring that the right product is in the right place in the right quantity at the right time.
The successful candidate will be responsible to;
- Plan, store and distribute incoming and outgoing goods, in line with business requirements, in order to ensure the availability of the right materials at the right place and at the right time.
- Develop, document, implement and improve warehousing and distribution management process.
- Coordinate depot and warehouse management, including disposal and repair and return of equipment.
- Prepare ageing analyses for expired products, submit for sign off and follow up ( every 3 months )
- Work in close collaboration with other managers within the Supply Chain Management portfolio to maximise efficiencies and spend across the supply chain. To work in close collaboration with finance on the inventory management portfolio to fully reconcile all inventory movements in line with cost allocation and asset management tracking.
- Ensure the KPI management are done on time in line with Company requirements
- To ensure 100% compliance to all inventory management policies and procedures.
- To ensure 100% compliance to all health and safety standards as stipulated in Mozambican law, and in line with Vodafone requirements as well as good corporate governance.
- To ensure a routine inventory checks at all depots and main warehouse
- Assist on a batch status reconciliation (Monthly ) and follow up with warehouse Manager
- Coordinate warehouse and depot facility maintenance in coordination with a facility department.
- Ensure that the incident management at Depot, main warehouse are done correctly and on time
- To ensure that the highest levels of presentation and levels of service are attained, which include the achievement of all service level standards as stipulated by the organisational policy and procedure and partnership SLA’s.
- To constantly analyse the domestic supply chain and make recommendations on improvements to both senior management and key stakeholders.
- To project manage all projects within the warehousing portfolio, automation of the system, depots upgrades, and warehouse extension.
- Compile and Manage efficiency saving report ( cost avoidance, cost efficiency and cost optimization )
Competencies, Skills & Educational Qualifications:
- Excellent level of computer literacy conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel,
Project and PowerPoint. Experience with any major ERP system is also a requirement.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong financial understanding and/or experience
- Written and Oral Communication both in Portuguese and English is essential
- Strong analytical skills coupled with visionary planning capabilities
- Ability to apply accounting systems as related to warehousing
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with visionary planning capabilities
- Intimate knowledge of industry best practice, and the ability to adapt and implement new theories within supply chain management into the Company’s strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer focused approach
- Ability to assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product
- Ability to manage an internal team and facilitate change
- Must be able to work in a demanding and dynamic environment
- College or University Graduate with a degree in materials management, supply
Chain, commerce or international trade.
- At least three years’ experience at a senior level within a supply chain management or procurement role, preferably in a corporate multinational environment and within an FMCG
- Total commercial work experience of seven years of which three to have been at a management level.
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date: 11-May-17, 10:59:00 PM