Analyst: M-pesa Financial Operations – EDI00007W
The Revenue Assurance M-PESA Operations and Financial Analyst role exists for the purpose of providing revenue assurance in M-PESA financial operation side. Reporting to the Revenue Assurance Manager, the job holder will analyse M-PESA transactions controls, detect Loss, prevent Loss, recovery Loss, day to day transactions reconciliations for different M-PESA functional, recons to the accounting system (X3) and report to line manager, Vodacom Mozambique Management and Vodafone Group.
Main Responsibilities & Experience:
The Revenue Assurance M-PESA Financial Operation core job functions are:
- Formulating key performance indicator for each service stream and Maintain the standard threshold running Key Performance Indicators – “KPIs”;
- Implementation of Controls across M-PESA, existing Functional and additional new M-PESA Functional and services;
- Maintain, Monitor and Manage controls sets and roll out new sectors specific customer value propositions focused on enterprise customers and other companies;
- Review existing controls on products and services monthly and quarterly to improve customer experience and develop tactical plans to stimulate increased usage, prevent, and prevent /detect revenue loss;
- Advice what should be changes from the system perspective to increase efficiency and minimize time taken to detect / prevent revenue loss;
- Analyse revenue actual vs. targets; investigate any shortfall & propose remedial action;
- Champion seamless integration to all business partners and enhancing the customer experience;
- Reconcile M-PESA records with X3 and liaise with M-PESA Finance;
- Implement M-PESA Fraud Management detection controls;
- Liaise and work with M-MPESA AML Department on incidents investigations.
- A minimum of at least 1 years’ experience of progressive Banking Industrial with experience within a commercial environment;
- Telecommunications experience would be advantageous;
- 1 years hands on experience in Banking in a highly competitive commercial environment;
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail. Experience in learning technology, enterprise applications or testing marketplace;
- Good understanding of financial principles, understands financial ratios, can interpret standard financial statements- experience in developing banking products will be and added advantage -Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- An understanding of mobile money transfer and international money transfer market;
Experience in international money transfer is an added advantage.
Competencies, Skills & Educational Qualifications:
- Management theory and practice;
- Programming skills in any 4GL or a functional programming language e.g. SQL;
- Highly developed analytical thinking skills;
- Policies and procedures ;
- Training and Development;
- Organisation Development ;
- Safety and Wellness Programs.
- MS Excel, SQL ane PL/SQL (Added Advantage);
- Problem solving and Decision making Skills;
- Planning skills and Sound interpersonal skills;
- Effective interaction at various levels;
- Organisational skills;
- Good oral and written communication.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science (Minimum Requirements);
- Certification in either MS Excel or SQL (Oracle/MS SQL Server/MySQL/MS Access);
Accounting Background will be an added advantage.
- Right attitude, Integrity & Honesty;
- Interpersonal sensitivity (Wise & Empathetic);
- Ability to keep a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Assertiveness and Team player;
- Resilient individual;
- Action Oriented and high energy level;
- Results oriented and Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to organise and present;
- Time management and good planning.
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date: 15-May-17, 11:59:00 PM