16 agosto, 2017
Senior Specialist: M-Pesa Products and Customer Insights – Maputo – EDI00008O
To perform the new product development and innovation processes for M-Pesa, developing and then delivering against the strategic product roadmap. To develop and manage customer insight acquisition processes to ensure product roadmaps are relevant for the market needs.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Identify market opportunities and partnerships for the launch of new products and services and for the enhancement of existing solutions, including the benchmarking of the M-Pesa product portfolio (current and planned) against competitors, international best practices relevant to the Mozambique market and other M-Pesa operations’ product offerings.
· Develop and maintain business cases for each product portfolio.
· Design, plan and project-manage the implementation of new products and services across all disciplines involved in the process.
· Interface with Sales & Distribution, Customer Services and Marketing functions for the setup of customer insights acquisition processes relevant for the products and services enhancement process and for the acceleration of usage indicators across the M-Pesa customer base.
Segmentation of the M-Pesa customer and partner base in line with Vodacom Mozambique’s segmentation strategy and the financial services market opportunity in Mozambique.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
· Project Management – experience with management of large project teams achieving deadlines
· Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & customer. Solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the M-Pesa portfolio; able to identify opportunities for M-Pesa and define and implement these opportunities into reality
· Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions. Expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
· Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization.
· Presentation and communication skills – written and oral.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
· University degree in Commercial or Information Technology related areas.
· A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a management role within an innovation function with cross-functional exposure.
· Project management certification and experience will be an advantage.
· Knowledge and experience of the financial services and telecommunications industries will be an advantage.
· Strong planning and networking skills.
Ability to draft user requirement documents and business cases.
Location : Edifício Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date : 22-Aug-17, 11:59:00 PM