ENKO BENGA INTERNATIONAL Position Opening – Administrative and Finance Officer
Accountant / Administrative and Financial Manager
About Enko Education
Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are under-represented in the world’s best universities. In the US, a country hosting 900,000 foreign students, only 31,000 of them come from that region. In contrast, 100,000 come from India, a country with same population size and GDP per capita as Sub-Saharan Africa. This discrepancy stems from the inadequacy of traditional secondary school education on the continent and affordability of most international schools.
Enko Education aims to drastically enlarge the access to outstanding international secondary education in Africa, by building one of the largest networks of schools in the region. We designed an international secondary-school model relying on international curriculum such as IB and Cambridge, significantly more affordable than any other international secondary-school, so as to serve as launchpad for students toward the world leading universities. Our expansion in Sub-Saharan Africa
Our network today includes seven schools in Cameroon, Mozambique, Cote d’Ivoire, South Africa and Senegal. We are receiving the university pre-admissions results of our first graduating class in Yaoundé (Cameroon). 60% of them are already admitted in universities such as Yale College (US), Imperial College (UK), Toronto University (Canada), Hult Business School (US), University of British Columbia (Canada), African Leadership University (Mauritius / Rwanda), Durham University (UK) and many more. We plan for a strong growth with an objective of 40 schools and 8,000 students in the next five years, to setup successful schools in as many countries as possible.
We are launching a new nursery and primary school in Tete in January 2018: Enko Benga International School. Enko Benga International School will be offering International Baccalaureate’s Middle Years Programme (MYP).
Description of the role
We are currently looking for an Accountant / Administrative and Financial Officer to join our team in Enko Benga International School in Tete. The Administrative and Financial Officer supports the Head of School in carrying out the tasks related to the administration and finances of the school:
· Establish pay slips for all employees of the institution
· Prepare and fulfill the different social and tax formalities
· Issue bills to students’ parents
· Process the various invoices of the suppliers and compare them to the corresponding quotes
· Prepare payments, track performed orders
· Performs various administrative tasks under the responsibility of the institution
· Be the financial interlocutor with the Enko Education platform in South Africa and carry out regular reporting
· Proficiency in Portuguese and English
· At least a Bachelor or 4-year degree from a renowned university
· Previous professional experience in an international environment or similar position
· Must be motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Shares our enthusiasm and understands the challenges of providing affordable international education
· Impeccable organizational skills
· Excellent command of MS Office
· Rigor and sense of organization