17 outubro, 2017
Chief Executive Officer (CEO Mozambique)
The role holder will be responsible for providing effective leadership and direction to the business by ensuring that the desired profitability and market share is achieved in line with the strategy of the company. The role will report to the Director – International Insurance Business.
- Participating in the formulation and implementation of the business strategy to ensure overall achievements of the company’s objectives.
- Providing strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities, and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value for the general insurance business.
- Preparing regular and periodic reports to the board that provide a strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals for general insurance business.
- Providing leadership to the company’s long term strategy and annual business plans.
- Driving the achievement of operational results for all key metrics in line with annual business budgets and plans.
- Ensuring appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented and maintained.
- Maintaining a proactive public and customer relationship policy that ensures business retention and growth.
- Ensuring that accurate data is maintained on all general insurance systems.
- Ensuring that the current strategic plan and long term objectives are implemented as planned.
- Establishing and managing highly collaborative relationships with key policy makers, customers and other key stakeholders, both locally and internationally.
- Designing the implementation of marketing strategies and prospects for new business to meet company targets.
- Managing the day to day relationships with the National Insurance Institute (ISSM).
- Supervising the entire Mozambique Insurance Business.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree as well as a Master’s degree, in a business-related field.
- Professional qualifications in FLMI and ACII.
- At least 12 to 15 years’ experience, eight of which must be at senior management level, within the financial services industry, in a busy high performing insurance industry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Mozambique insurance industry and its concepts.
- A good understanding of local customers, the market and industry competitors.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Effective business management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Strong working knowledge of Portuguese (spoken and written).
Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
Leading and Supervising: Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
Relating and Networking: Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation.
Register to apply for this position