Objective of the position:
Reporting to COSV Mozambique Program Coordinator, the Operation Officer ensures the correct grants management of COSV projects, in partnership with the Sectors’ Coordinators, and organize the operations for the field offices.
Description of the role:
- Organize Sectors’ Coordinators, Operational and Financial Plans as per grants;
- Complete the procurement procedures for grants active;
- Supervise the correctness of grants procedures managed by Sectoral Coordinators;
- Draw up local contracts with goods and service supplier;
- Manage the grants archives;
- Check the monthly proper eligibility and allocation of expenses;
- Guarantee the delivery to Maputo Office of monthly updates (documents and accounting) and information matching;
- Check and update field offices and grants’ inventories, planning and supervising the needed maintenance;
- Coordinate the provincial local staff (technical and logistic) monthly operation plans, in coordination with Sector Coordinators
Essential competency and experience requirements:
- Educated in relevant discipline (Economics/International Projects Management)
- At least 3 years of experience in project management in international cooperation
- Knowledge of donors procedures (European Union, AICS are a plus)
- Written and verbal English, and Portuguese or Italian
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results on time
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and quick to learn
- Office management and organizational skills
To apply, please send an updated cv with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in the subject: Moz/Operation Officer/SC.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. COSV can ask candidates to attend more than one interview, costs to attend the interviews are not refunded by the organization.