Senior Accountant: Financial Reporting – Maputo – EDI0000BF
This role is for a strong financial account who will join the Reporting team. The Reporting Senior Accountant will be responsible for the Intercompany accounting and financial reporting.
Key accountabilities & decision ownership:
- Executing month end financial reporting, Statutory Reports, certifications and Annual Financial Statements as required by Vodacom Mozambique, Local Government entities, Vodacom/Vodafone Group.
- Ensuring compliance with governance, international accounting standards and policies of the Vodacom/Vodafone Group.
- Intercompany accounting and reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of Board reports.
- Perform the General Ledger FOREX revaluations and trend analysis.
Key performance indicators:
- Intercompany transaction and balances recording
- Annual Financial Statements.
- Quality assurance of the top 10 controls in compliance with the Group KPI league table;
Must have technical/ professional qualifications:
- Accounting degree. Professional accounting qualification. (CA/ACCA/CIMA) is an added advantage
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of General Accounting practices, IFRS and PGC NIRF.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. (English and Portuguese)
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 17-Jul-18, 11:59:00 PM