The Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor will work closely with the Ministry of Health and the Quality Assurance (QA)MOH lead, and other key stakeholders to design, lead and manage a Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV(PMTCT) Quality Improvement Collaborative (QIC) at multiple health facilities in either Nampula and/ Zambezia Provinces. The QI Advisor will lead the QICtraining and coaching, implementation and supportive supervision of QI projects, and evaluation of QI initiatives. The QI Advisor will liaise closely with the QI team at ICAP headquarters.
The QI Advisor will:
- Support and contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of the QI Collaborative at multiple health facilities in Mozambique.
- Assist in strategic planning and work plan development, and Document QIC training and technical assistance activities and help to produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other written materials.
- Facilitate and ensure clear, regular and systematic communication and collaboration between Donors, MOH, and all other project stakeholders in order to achieve country level QIC project objectives.
- Develop and update QIC related training and technical assistance activities, including but not limited to: assisting with the design, delivery and management of the QIC training and capacity building initiatives.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support for both face-to-face training session and on site QI coaching and evaluating training sessions, workshops, webinars, and other QIC training projects.
- Lead and facilitate monthly facility site supportive supervision, QI coaching, mentoring and implementation support for site level QI projects to all participating QIC health facilities monthly.
- Be able to travel to ICAP QIC sites at least 15 working days of a month.
- Partner with QI M&E staff for development of QIC M&E systems including indicator development, data collection tools and SOPs, data management systems, data quality assurance policies and procedures, data review and analysis.
- Prepare QI related data for presentation for a diverse range of audiences.
- An advanced degree (MD, RN, MPH) in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or related field including experience working in MOH or USG PEPFAR PMTCT and other HIV related programs;
- Demonstrated success in leading formal quality improvement and QIC projects using the Model for Improvement or similar methods is strongly preferred;
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of relevant HIV and QI program activities in Mozambique
- Minimum 2 years of relevant adult education and/or training experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analysis data using MS Excel are required.
- Experience working with DHIS2 is preferred.
- Excellent English and Portuguese written and verbal communication skills are required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to ICAP-Jobs-Mozambique@columbia.edu