13 julho, 2018
- Support articulation of the strategic and annual immunization data strengthening plan with national relevant documentations such as HMIS strengthening plan and cMYP & annual operations plan.
- Ensure identified data strengthening activities are included within cMYP and overall immunization annual plan of action.
- Support development and progress review of strategic and annual joint investments for data strengthening.
- Support the country to identify resources throughout the planning, development, implementation and review phases for data strengthening activities.
- Ensure identified data strengthening activities align with recommendations from the strategic data improvement plan.
Essential: First University Degree in computer science/informatics/database management, bio-statistics or health science with professional training or work experience in health data analysis.
Desirable: Training or good knowledge of public health data analysis, information system and data quality assessment, improvement planning, monitoring and Evaluation as well as data analysis software.
Essential: A minimum of two year’s experience in health or immunization data analysis.
Desirable: Experience in analyzing epidemiological or other health related databases and assessing data quality. Good understanding of health related data and health information system.
- Excellent organizational, technical, monitoring and planning skills with the ability to multitask and coordinate partners efforts for data agenda aligned with national HMIS,
- Proven IT Skills, with an in-depth knowledge of data analysis and quality assessment, preferably complemented by knowledge/experience in necessary software/hardware;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to solve and explain technical issues, and take part in training activities with tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to present factual information.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Portuguese.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 48,005 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Closing Date: Jul 30, 2018, 9:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Mozambique-Maputo