Coordinator: Debt Collector – Maputo – EDI0000BH
The Debt Collector is responsible for contacting debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. S(he) is responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible. A debt collector will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts and plan course of action to recover outstanding payments;
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status;
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans;
- Handle questions or complaints;
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies;
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues;
- Update account status and database regularly;
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary;
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
Key performance indicators:
- CEI – 90%
- Churn and write offs – accounts churned and written off should not exceed 5% of the total volume of accounts held by the debt collector in a particular month
- Dispute resolution – at least 85% of value marked as dispute at the beginning of the month should be cleared at the end of the respective month.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Accounting background
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and productivity standards
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- 2 years proven experience as debt collector
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 19-Jul-18, 11:59:00 PM