Specialist: VAS & NT-HLR – Maputo – EDI0000B7
Provide 1st level of support to the Vodacom VAS & NTHLR Platforms and guarantee excellence in terms of level of support and project technical supervision/management
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Support in the handling of IT Governance related aspects in the VAS & NTHLR Portfolio ensuring that the systems are compliant to the relevant policies
- Guarantee availability of systems under the VAS & NTHLR Portfolio ensuring that minimal downtime is achieved
- Deliver VAS & operational projects guaranteeing that they are delivered in a timely manner and with high quality.
- Submit periodic reports to line manager which include (but not limited): SLA, system patching, system capacity, open trouble tickets, availability and incidents and proactively monitor the platform in order to foresee problems and suggest optimizations
- Ensure All problems experienced under all systems under VAS are resolved permanently within the SLA agreed with the supplier and a root cause analysis is provided at each occurrence
Key performance indicators:
- Capacity Management reports
- System uptime of 99.9%
- Innovative solutions for technical challenges
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Any IT related certification will be valuable
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- GSM knowledge
- SQL Database knowledge
- Intermediate UNIX Operating Systems Knowledge
- Basic System Security knowledge
- Basic Project Management Skills.