3 agosto, 2018
The Assistant Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting the HR team with the implementation, oversight, maintenance and compliance of Forcier’s Human Resources policies and procedures. Based in Maputo, Mozambique, the Assistant HR Manager will focus on providing support for offices throughout Africa and the Middle East. The scope of work for the Assistant Human Resources Manager will be determined by the Corporate HR Manager out of the US Headquarters Office. This position will support efforts in the following areas: (1) Labor Law & Human Resource Policy Compliance; (2) Recruitment & Staff Management & (3) Payroll and Benefits Management
Labor Law & Human Resource Policy Compliance
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of records and labor law compliance in jurisdictions where Forcier employs staff or independent contractors, including several countries throughout Africa and the Middle East.
- Assist with maintenance and creation of Local Employee Handbooks & Code of Conduct required for African and Middle East jurisdictions including provisions related to recruitment & employment, employment conditions, and employee obligations.
- Ensure that staff and independent contractor insurance and benefits packages meet the requirements of the operating jurisdiction as well as any client-specific requirements.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of policies on allowances and benefits for all Forcier staff and independent contractors in multiple jurisdictions and ensure clarity, coordination and consistency in the implementation of those policies.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and protection of employee personal data and files in accordance with US/UK/EU laws as well as requirements by USAID and other donors.
Recruitment and Staff Management
- Manage recruitment efforts for African and Middle East locations.
- Coordinate performance management timelines and guidelines to ensure employees are meeting expectations and are managed accordingly.
Payroll & Benefits Management
- Manage the contract renewal process and timeline with under the direction of the Manager of Human Resources.
- Ensure reporting and claim compliance for emergency medical insurance for international staff
- Assist with benefits selection and set up for various health services/local clinics at each office location, periodically comparing levels and cost of coverage with other companies to ensure policies meet the needs of the company and its employees..
- Assist in the creation of an overall Human Resources workplan for the company and individual offices.
- Mentor and provide guidance to country office level Human Resources focal points.
- Provide input on annual budgeting for Human Resources related activities.
- Other tasks as agreed with the HR Manager, Director of Contracts & Compliance or the Chief Executive Officer.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Professional HR Certification preferred.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent time management
- Ability to deliver high-quality products with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong Microsoft Office and G Suite skills with the ability to learn new tech-based platforms and solutions
- Knowledge of local labor laws required.
- International experience will be considered an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Professional proficiency in French and Portuguese is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Somali will be considered a significant asset.
This position is open to Mozambican nationals only.