29 setembro, 2018
MAPUTO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Maputo International School (MIS) is looking for high quality professionals to teach an international curriculum based on the National Curriculum for England and the Cambridge Assessment International Education Syllabi at pre-school, primary and secondary school levels. Founded in 1975 by Mozambique’s Ministry of Education, MIS is an iconic international school in the country that provides an international education to an average of 700 pupils from nearly 40 countries aged between 3 and 18.
In Key Stage 2 (Year 6), children sit the Cambridge Primary Checkpoint Exams and in Key Stage 3 (Year 9) they sit the Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint exams.
In Key Stages 4 (Year 10 & 11) and 5 (Year 12 & 13), students write examinations set by the Cambridge Assessment International Education at International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Level written at the end of Grade 11; at the Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level written at the end of Grade 12 and at the end of Grade 13 students write Advanced (A) or (A2) Level exams. We are an extremely successful school that takes pride in offering the very best in International Education.
Keeping in line with our forward looking approach, we are seeking candidates who will add value to our efforts in pursuit of excellence and relevance in all areas of our work.
We Want To Hear From You, If You
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and appropriate teaching qualification;
- Have a minimum of two years of teaching experience as a class or subject teacher;
- Are looking for an opportunity to unlock your creativity to provide exciting, current and relevant learning experiences to improve the learning and life chances of our children;
- Are willing and able to contribute to extra-curricular activities in a wide variety of ways;
- Are enthusiastic, highly motivated, with a strong commitment to excellence;
- Are keen to help children develop as individuals;
- Enjoy new experiences, including interacting with new people and situations;
- Are a team-player who is at ease in multi-cultural and multi-national settings;
- Have a positive attitude towards change and innovation;
- Are fully proficient in the English language.
MIS is located in Maputo, a vibrant and exciting city and for internationally recruited teachers MIS offers in return benefits that includes
- A competitive salary paid in Meticais, the local currency;
- A two year contract (renewable by mutual agreement);
- Flights to and from your home country or point of recruitment every 2 years;
- Subsidized tuition fees for up 2 dependent children (internal Terms & Conditions apply);
- Fully furnished free accommodation;
- Relocation Allowance;
- Accident / Medical Insurance subsidy;
- Laptop Subsidy;
- In-service professional development;
- An opportunity to work alongside dedicated, multi-national and professional members of staff.
Notes For Applicants
To apply, please state the position you are applying for and submit the documents below via email (preferred) to the following recruitment address via the button below.
The documentation to be submitted: a covering letter, a detailed CV with contact details of three professional referees to be forwarded in person, by post or email.
Written applications should be addressed to: the Director, Maputo International School, Rua de Nachingwea No. 389, Maputo, Mozambique.
Applicants are directed to the MIS website for additional information about MIS.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!