9 outubro, 2018
Job Summary – The Commercial Operations Attorney will be based in Maputo, Mozambique and will be part of the Mozambique LNG Legal Department. This position will handle a variety of legal projects and support the daily commercial operations of the project.
Reports to – Counsel
Work Location – Maputo
Qualifications / Requirements
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two (3) years’ experience as an attorney within the oil and gas legal industry. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of civil law and corporate international law (knowledge or exposure to common law jurisdictions would be a plus).
- Substantive legal experience with the drafting and negotiation of lease agreements, contracts for services, sales, purchases and/or joint ventures.
- Understanding of upstream oil and gas industry business processes and transactions.
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal, and team-building skills are required.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Highly organized with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess strong analytical skills and strong work ethic.
- Prefer project experience in Africa or similar remote locations.
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks through a combination of directly representing the Company in legal actions or through the management of business communications and decision making.
- Interpret and prepare legal documents/contracts.
- Analyze proposed and existing legislation and provide guidance to management on current legal matters.
- Assist with providing legal advice to management regarding business/commercial-related legal matters.
- Assist with preparation for negotiations, and facilitate legal research.
- Assist with drafting of contracts involving financial transactions, property, marketing and other business related matters.
- Study existing and new legislation and apply changes to advisory services provided to internal clients.
- LLM or Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school in Mozambique and/or Europe required.
No certifications or licenses are required for this position.
The percentage of travel required for this position is approximately five percent (5%).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Link de Candidatura: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster .