OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To strengthen WHO WHE operation in emergency preparedness and response efforts by providing administrative and operational supports for ensuring that WHO emergency operations are rapid and effective.
Description Of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the WHE lead, the incumbent will be responsible admin support to WHE works to meet the demand of MOH and partners in preparedness and response to emergencies. The incumbent works on the basis of WHO CO specific procedures and practices, rules and regulations and ensures smooth work flow in the assigned area of work. The incumbent is encouraged to seek guidance for unusual issues. He (she) will be closely working with the Operations Officer and to the WHO WHE lead.1.To check all obligating documents, entering relevant information available from GSM or other on-line systems, ensuring the availability of funds, updating files, and transferring funds as instructed or as delegated.2.To clear obligating documents, checking them for completeness, and following-up on missing information,liquidating obligations, undertaking reconciliation and preparing periodic reports, as required.3.To screen and review various contractual materials, issuing PTAEO numbers, earmarking funds, and verifying requests.4.Assist cluster team members in the liquidation of WHO funds advanced to Government counterparts in line with the WHO Financial rules and regulations; Monitors the implementation of Direct Financial Contributions (DFCs) to Government, including the financial and technical reporting.5.Ensures the smooth functioning of the GSM workflow process at the cluster level, including organizing regular briefings for staff members.6.To follow-up on programme implementation, drawing the attention of the supervisor to problems, inconsistencies and delays.7.To draft correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions, to finalize correspondence/reports for signature; to analyze incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information when required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor.8.Assist with translations of letters correspondence from English to Portuguese and from Portuguese to English – prooreading.9.Assist with logistical arrangements as appropriate (i.e. arrange note taking, coordinate preparation of minutes and reports, and arrange for translation/interpretation).10.Ensures proper administration of physical resources and office arrangement for team members including vehicle, office equipment, furniture and supplies and produce status report on a regular basis.11.Provides admin support to the team members of the cluster including processing of correspondences; travel arrangement; meetings arrangements;12.Schedule weekly team and ad hoc meetings, according to schedules and need; taking and preparation of minutes.13.Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to be attended by the team’s professional staff, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents.14.Using GSM, prepare travel requests for official WHO travel. Ensure flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and deal with other related matters as requested or on own initiative.15.Conduct any other tasks/assignment as requested by WHE cluster and WR.
Essential: Completion of secondary education or supplemented by technical trainingin the field related to the work of the organization.
Desirable: – First degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Social Sciences or related field would be an advantage.- Additional training in Financial, Human and material resources management is an asset.- Training in, or sound knowledge of administrative procedures.
Essential: 5years of responsible work in program support, finance, human resources, logistics and general office administration.
Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
- Coordination and planning skills.- Excellent skill in the use of basic office soft wares like emails, MS excel, MS Word and Presentation software.- Meeting deadlines.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Portuguese.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 15,752 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Oct 8, 2018, 1:09:40 PM
Oct 29, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Link de Candidatura: https://www.dddin.com/jobs/view/programme-assistant-at-world
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.