15 novembro, 2018
Description Of Duties
- Under the direct supervision of the WHE Mozambique Coordinator, the incumbent performs the following duties:- Drives office vehicles to provide transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required:- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc.- Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;- Performs other duties as required.
Essential: At least Junior Secondary School Education and a valid driver’s license of the country.
Essential: At least 2 years driving experience as a driver and A safe driving record.
Desirable: UN experience would be an advantage.
- Driving rules and regulations of the country;- Familiarity with office procedures and transport needs of the office;- Knowledge of driver courtesies;- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the official working languages and;- Ability to write concise and faithful reports of accidents, when applicable.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Beginners knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Portuguese.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 8,261 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Nov 14, 2018, 10:19:55 AM
Closing Date: Dec 5, 2018, 11:59:00 PM