SASOL EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION (E&P)
Sasol Exploration and Production International (SEPI) develops and manages the group’s upstream interests in oil and gas exploration and production in Mozambique, South Africa, Canada, Gabon and Australia.
SEPI is driving the development of Sasol’s upstream business to allow the group to meet its strategic objective of accelerating the growth of its proprietary gas-to-liquid (GTL) technology. In recent years we have taken a number of steps to expand our global upstream portfolio, encouraged by the global abundance of natural gas and the rapid development of the shale gas industry, as well as the lower carbon intensity of natural gas.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Identify and assess internal and external security risks to develop the security strategy and ensure the implementation, execution and management thereof. To adequately support SEPIs growing portfolio in Mozambique, the role will further oversee the Mozambique regional security hub, fulfilling a security hosting role for all in-country OMEs as well as offering specialist security support and oversight aligned to SEPI growth strategy in West Africa and other OMEs African footprint.
- Ensure compliance to Security, Safety legislation and Sasol standards : Ensure team understanding and ensure compliance to relevant security, safety, Sasol codes of practices and standards; Relevant documentation and legal appointments are managed effectively to ensure sustainable operations; Compliance achievement and best practices implemented for relevant safety standards and codes of practice.
- Optimal utilization of resources, effective cost management and control: To provide feedback to management and relevant stakeholders on the Security cost operating model and new projects and initiatives; To balance financial and security operational objectives to ensure cost effective security service provision; To manage and track the expenditure of the security capital and operational budget to prevent over spending.
Leadership and Values
- Manage the Security Services and ensure a high performance culture and service delivery: Function as a manager of the Security Services to manage the security strategic program and priorities; Execute and update the Security strategy and vision for SEPI, including hosted OMEs ; Manage performance of Sasol and Security Service Provider Personnel to ensure compliance with agreed KPI targets, Service Level Commitments and Customer expectations;
- Provide leadership and management to the Security Function; Develop partnerships with internal business units in order to customize business unit security needs to create a balance between production and security objectives; Balance short term security services need with day to day operational needs; Maintain and expand security infra structure (security control centre, security fencing, security surveillance technology, etc.) in support of security services; Ensure the safe and effective provision of security services; Instill a high performance team culture of discipline and foster a climate where team members take accountability for their actions and results. Proactively identify external and internal security risks that will impact SEPI and hosted OMEs business in the short, medium and long term and implement appropriate mitigation.
- Innovation and continuous improvement to ensure alignment with Security industry best practices and the utilization of technology: Create a vibrant security service environment for continuous learning and improvement; Recognize and implement successful ideas and improvement initiatives by teams; Implement and execute the Security Strategy and Vision for SEPI and hosted OMEs sites to ensure Security preparedness by utilizing technology as a force multiplier and improving the tactical capacity ; Communicate relevant Security Industry and regulatory trends and information to team, service providers and customer base.
- Manage the development of personnel to improve competency and enable performance: Ensure proper development and career planning for Security personnel; Ensure that key critical talent is attracted, developed and retained; Ensure competency to relevant statutory security bodies and other security training standards.
Relationships, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Manage customer interface relations and build partnerships: Manage customer relationships with Sasol business to ensure awareness and transfer of information on security risks and crime prevention initiatives; Establish and maintain relationships and collaborate with other industry peers and stake holders in the Security Industry and sharing of best practices with Law enforcement and state security agencies; Ensuring professional working relationships with relevant stakeholders on site and surrounding communities; Identification of customer needs and delivery on customer requirements; Negotiate deliverables, developing service level commitments and achievement of targets; Maintain a Security awareness program to inform and educate employees regarding security risks and mitigation.
- Grade 12
- National Diploma or B.Tech in Security Management or equivalent qualification (NQF level 7)
- 11 years total Security / relevant exeprience of which 5 years in management or senior role
- K9 competency
Certification, Professional Membership and Licences
- Statutory Security Bodies accreditation or relevant law enforcement training
- Firearm competency for business purposes if applicable to BU
- Driver license with proven driving experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- People Leadership
- Self Mastery
- Partnership Leadership
- Business Leadership
- Strategic Leadership
- Security Risk Assessment
- Security legislation and regulations
- Security Report Writing
- Crowd Control
- Crime Prevention
- Business process knowledge (Security)
- Crime Analysis (Position Level)
- Deal with Security Incidents
- Security Control Room Operations
- National key point competence
- Firearm utilisation
- K9 competency
- SHE Law and Regulatory Systems
- Special weapons and tactics (SWAT)
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.