- Position SummaryThe Finance Assistant delivers quality services in Financial Management to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines in service of the Country Programme, providing support and guidance to colleagues and UNFPA Mozambique project offices in the provinces. S/he works closely with Programme and Project staff providing financial monitoring and analysis of projects and advising managers on expenditure trends and implementation rates.Education
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed secondary level education required or Higher National Diploma in Public Administration, Accounting, Business, Economics, or related field of education. Candidates holding Professional Certifications in Accounting such as CPA or ACCA will also be considered.
Knowledge And Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including at least 3 years in the same functional area.
- Familiarity with UN Operational Rules and Regulations; direct working experience applying and handling UN Operational Rules and Regulations, an advantage and familiarity with ATLAS will be an asset.
- Proficiency in current MS Office Suite software applications and other accounting package is essential.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
- OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF MOZAMBIQUE