OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Office Support Units have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description Of Duties
- Collects information mainly from records and reports and prepares periodic ad-hoc reports on programme and project activities;- Organizes data and information, prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation;- Contributes to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions to Governments by providing information, preparing tables and drafting relatively routine sections.- Prepares background information for use in discussions with Governments and other organizations.-Participates in the briefing and debriefing of project personnel;-Scrutinizes plans of operations, exchanges of letters and takes appropriate follow-up action.-Assists in the administrative processing of government requests for assistance;-May be required to carry out specific administrative operation/control tasks for project/programme activities.-Coordinate and monitor office space requirements in liaison with relevant units as required.CORRESPONDENCE- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions; finalize correspondence/reports for signature/clearance.- Verify that outgoing correspondence is presented in accordance with WHO and department styles and checking language, grammar and accuracy prior to submitting for signature.- Ensure that technical reports and documents are in line with WHO standards, rules, practices and procedures, editing and correcting them as necessary prior to their submission for signature or clearance of relevant authority.-Using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.INFORMATION- In close collaboration with other support staff, create and/or maintain filling systems;continual review of filling system to ensure information is up to date and effectively and efficiently used.- Obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources as required; perform information; perform searches (library, internet) required.MEETING ADMINISTRATION-Arrange and coordinate preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including; preparing event plans in GSM/Oracle, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assisting with preparation of documents; dispatching of materials and liaising with participants and others involved.-Prepare presentations using Power Pointer and other software packages on own initiative or on the basis of instructions.-Schedule team meetings, according to schedules and need, taking minutes and following up on action points to ensure timely response to the requests of the Director and preparations of minutes.-Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc.to be attended by the team’s professional staff, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents.PROCUREMENT AND TRAVEL-Raising registration and TRs in the GSM system for non-staff members.TRAVEL-Prepare travel requests background for non-WHO staff of the cluster;-Prepare travel files and deal with other related matters as requested or on own initiative.-Liaise with WCO for other logistical arrangements.OTHER DUTIES-Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
Essential: – Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education.
Desirable: – Training in finance, procurement, secretarial tasks and/or in an administrative field is desirable.
Essential: -At least 5 years of relevant experience.
Desirable: -Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN Agency an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, the cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Portuguese.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 15,752 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Closing DateJan 2, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Mozambique-Maputo
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.