The Aurum Institute is recruiting a Logistician / Driver, to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Aurum Institute is offering a great opportunity to suitably qualified and experienced staff to contribute towards our mission to improve the health of people and communities through innovation in Global Health Research and Systems.
We are focused on research, support and implementing integrated approaches to managing TB and HIV.
PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
The Logistician will provide logistics services and support at the Maputo Offices. As the Logistician, the incumbent will be responsible for optimizing the use of Facilities, Material Resources, IT Hardware, Transport, etc. available to Aurum Mozambique for efficiency, quality and traceability of Operations.
As the Driver the person shall provide safe secure and timely driving services for the day-to-day operations of the Company. This position is responsible for proper running and maintenance of the vehicle.
TECHNICAL WORK RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following;
- Plan logistical activities of the Maputo Offices;
- Implement the Supply Chain;
- Coordinate the use, maintenance (including subcontracting) of Office and Technical Equipment;
- Coordinate the maintenance of Facilities, including water and sanitation of Health Structures
- Ensure effective logistical support at the Maputo Offices
- Interact regularly with Local Authorities and Stakeholders within the Company
- Coordinate and provide safe transport services for all business requirements
- Observe road and traffic laws and regulations;
- Adhere to safe driving practices including local driving codes and internally agreed standards;
- Manage the maintenance of the company vehicles and units, performing minor repairs if needed
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications;
- Logbook maintenance;
- Alert Operations Department of due dates for vehicle insurance renewal.
- Grade 12 (secondary school).
Work Proven Experience
- Minimum five years field experience in humanitarian health assistance or medical logistics
- 10 years driving experience.
- Valid Driver’s License (Mozambique/SADC countries);
- Practical experience with Road Legislation;
- Mozambican citizen or a valid work permit to work in Mozambique;
- Excellent command of English;
- Advanced skills in computer and software systems;
- Willing to work overtime.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online: https://goo.gl/rBP2tT
Closse: 31.12 2018