2 janeiro, 2019
Incumbent serves as the Management Analyst and Customer Service Liaison as well as Special Project Coordinator for the Management Sections such as – but not limited to – the Human Resources, Financial Management, Facility Management, Information Management, Community Liaison Office Health Unit and General Service’s office. Assignments are usually given on a project basis and the incumbent is expected to fully analyze the problem, gather data and information find and evaluate alternative solutions, and make a formal recommendations. In addition, the employee performs administrative analysis; with his/her work primarily focusing on the day-to-day administration of the management section including the responsibility for making formal recommendations and decisions for delivery of management services.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Two years of management experience in an office setting and a working experience in project coordination/project management is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge of the Mission’s operational environment. Must be able to gather facts and analyze results relevant to specific issues and formulate conclusions and recommendations for action. Familiar with analytical methods involving the use of qualitative and quantitative techniques for task analysis, organization design, planning and flow charting of work processes.
- Education Requirements:
- A college degree in Business Administration, Management or related field is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV English is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Management Section Customer Service Liaison and Analyst should have a working understanding of all service providers’ functions at post, excellent interpersonal skills, and good briefing and writing skills Must possess strong organizational and project management skills, analyze complex data and interpret them into clear, concise, and manageable to be use by Post management, able to read architectural blueprints, and be a self-starter with the ability to perform multi-tasks and manages his/her own time. Computer Skills: Must be at the intermediate level or greater in Microsoft Office Suite.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Mozambique may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
How to Apply
- Apply online: goo.gl/H8bzKP
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Passport copy
- Degree with transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Mozambique.