31 janeiro, 2019
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
The Human Resources Business Partner will be based in Afungi, Mozambique; and is part of the AMA1 Human Resources team, reporting to the Employee and Industrial Relations Manager located in Afungi, Mozambique. This position is responsible for provision of HR support to clients at our Afungi camp.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of four (4) years or more of human resources experience in providing generalist support to oil and gas clients is highly valued.
- Demonstrated prioritization of safety as a way of working;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand and anticipate stakeholder needs and collaborate to develop and deliver effective business focused solutions;
- Critical skills and competencies include excellent consultative and influencing skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and conflict management;
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to influence within the organization, adapting delivery to build strong partnerships at all levels;
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, Visio and Taleo. Workday/SAP HR Information Systems experience is highly valued;
- Ability to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities in a high activity environment;
- Strong understanding of professional human resources policies, practices and processes in use within the oil and gas industry;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively integrate and work with all HR functions and business teams, and experience working in a matrix reporting environment;
- A savvy professional with the drive for results and demonstrated ability to innovate, create, continuously improve and deliver quality and timely results.
This hands-on position is responsible for supporting Anadarko’s business strategies by delivering high quality tools, advice, guidance and service to executives, managers and employees in areas such as Talent Management, Workforce Strategy and Planning, Analytics, Performance Management, Recruiting, Organizational and Leadership Development, Career Management and Training, Compensation and Benefits, Change Management, Employee Relations and Compliance.
- Function as a strategic and operational partner to the business by anticipating business needs and contributing to the delivery of effective and innovative HR solutions aligned with Anadarko’s Values, HR strategies and Key Business Performance indicators;
- Collaborate early, frequently and effectively with fellow HR Business Partners and the wider HR team;
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies, practices, processes ensuring high quality and timely delivery and the use of sound change management techniques;
- Provide guidance and support to employees as an interface/liaison on compensation, benefits, payroll, training and relocation;
- Provide leadership clients with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in the areas noted above. Areas with particular emphasis will be:
- Define and implement HR programs to improve employee engagement and retention in the very competitive employment market;
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues leveraging in-depth knowledge of US employment law, Anadarko Values, policy and practices;
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions);
- Efficiently execute day to day administrative processes and systems (e.g., transfers, terminations, approvals).
Undergraduate degree (or relevant tertiary qualification) in Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Legal, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized institution required, graduate degree is a plus.
PHR, SPHR, GPHR or SHRM-SCP is preferred.
Oral and written proficiency of English and Portuguese is required. Language fluency in Kimwani and/or Swahili is preferred.
Rotation travel to Afungi, Mozambique is required with occasional travel within Mozambique, to the AMA1 Maputo office and to Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas USA.
This position is full-time and will be engaged on a rotational back to back basis. The position will be based at the Afungi Pioneer camp.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.
Expiration date: March 2, 2019