The Senior Specialist: Packet Core is a member of the Switch and Packet core team, responsible for planning, solutions design and implementing, delivering and supporting all the Packet core expansion, capacity Upgrade, optimization and trouble shooting. He is responsible for organizing and controlling activities and Reports to the EHOD. The candidate is also responsible for CAPEX budget planning and management.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Plan and design new methods and procedures for improving core switching maintenance and functionality
- Manage supplier, all works done by supplier, upgrades, technical interventions and fault resolutions.
- Hardware and software operations and management of all core switch elements including statistical analysis and keeping healthy KPI’s
- Make strategic proposals in accordance to technical and business goals of the company.
- Contribution to budget planning.
Key performance indicators:
- All KPI within designated results and all Capacities should have minimum of 20% headroom
- No Downtime caused by supplier or any Switch personnel directly or due to negligence.
- At least one new improved method or architecture, or procedure or feature implemented within the year.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in telecommunications/electronic engineering or Bachelor in computer/IT
- Knowledge of CCNA/ IP technology would be an added advantage
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, initiative, perseverance,
- Good English background.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Flexible, professional, detail-oriented and accurate; also able to work independently
- Work under pressure and out-of-hours,
team player, strong negotiation skills
- Strong Planning skills, effective reporting and feedback skills
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 22-Feb-19, 11:59:00 PM