Main Role purpose:
The Project Manager-Transmission is a member of the Project Management team, responsible of implementing and delivering all the transmission Network expansion, capacity Upgrade and optimization related Projects (microwave and fiber) of different size and complexity. He is responsible for organizing and controlling project activities and Reports to the EHOD Projects. He is also required to have some planning skills while during the implementation changes might occur requiring revision on the initial planning. The candidate should be able to perform countrywide audits and supervision of the network under implementation as well as checking how the implemented network elements are performing after integrated in live network. Finally, the candidate is also responsible for CAPEX budget planning and management.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Project scoping and evaluate contractor’s proposals ensuring that only the best technical and financial proposals are recommended for approval.
- Prepare and submit the specifications and Budget requirements for the transmission projects, and elaborate and manage the contract agreement.
- Schedule and run meetings with Contractors/Skateholders and prepare WIP reports including budget tracking, manage and attend the Provisional and Final Acceptance Tests and ensure the projects are delivered within the agreed targets
- Conduct Health and Safety tours in the areas of the Projects under implementation to ensure Contractors adherence to the H&S procedures
- Ensure a proper hand over of the services to maintenance, incl. the documentation and keep the transmission (MW and fiber) network diagram updated after implementation
Key performance indicators
To be defined in PD session
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Diploma in Electronic/Telecom Engineering
- Certificate in Project Management (Desirable)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- General understanding of GSM/3G/LTE Network Principles and Operation (essential)
- In deep understanding of MW and fibre transmission networks and technologies
- Understanding of Huawei transmission equipment is desirable
- 3 years in Project management domain
- 2 years in planning and rolling out MW and fiber transmission projects
- Contract Management and Computer literacy (MS Office and Power Point presentations is essential)
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Decision making – Good communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 23-Feb-19, 11:59:00 PM