4 março, 2019
The Customs Coordinator will be an integral part of the Customs Operations Team and will be based in the North, but with expected extended business trips to Maputo, specifically to the project site (Afungi), Nacala and/or Pemba.
This position will report to the Maputo-based Customs, and will supervise and interface with customs and with Onshore and Offshore EPC(i) contractors on a regular basis. This role requires demonstrable communication, inter-functional, leadership, and government relationship skills that set a high benchmark to be sustained throughout the Project.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in Oil & Gas, LNG, Petrochemical, Extraction/Mining industry or Customs Operations in a large scale projects. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Previous experience in similar or associated role(s) on large scale Project(s).
- Knowledge of Existing Customs Legislation, including specific legislation for O&G activities
- Knowledge/working experience with customs Single Window System(JUE)
- Good knowledge of Customs Formalities, processes, systems and documentation flows
- Experience in Customs activities and requirements in Mozambique, as well as related to other Mozambican Government Institutions involved in the customs formalities requirements; in support of a large scale multinational Project.
- Direct work experience in multinational companies, Projects or Operations in a practical – hands on – role.
- Experience in EPC, Contractor, Sub-contractor, and/or Government relationships.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and / or other relevant business information system.
- Able to work independently internally and externally to the organization, while keeping his/her direct supervisor informed and involved at key decision points.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Able to summarize, organize and provide regular report of activities and progress to direct supervisor
- Fluent oral and written knowledge of English and Portuguese required.
- Based on existing customs legislation and agreements, provide, guidance, advise, and assistance to contractors customs formalities for entry of equipment, materials, vessels and aircraft.
- Able to engage with the Customs within Company policies, existing agreements, guidelines, and applicable laws
- Liaise with customs at operational level to assist contractors with customs formalities and resolution of disputes
- Supervision a team of Company Customs Compliance and Audit Offices
- Reporting findings on contractors complianceto existing legislations and agreements
- Maintain Company’s auditable customs filling system
- Liaise with company’s Contracts and Procurement to report any contractor’s compliance violations with relevant contract manager.
Bachelor Diploma Or Equivalent In Following Fields Preferred
- Customs Course Certification
- Business Management/Administration
- Company will consider combination of proven equivalent related work experience and/or education as an alternative to a specific degree or field of study.
- Commute to Nacala, Afungi or Pemba, on as-needed basis.
- Possible rotation between Maputo and Afungi.
- The length of business stays at site or other project locations will be driven by the extent and duration of required engagement and coordination work with Customs and and/or other project/construction functions based in the North. To that end, in case of a regular rotation regime, specific related details will be discussed and aligned with the successful candidate, based on project requirements.
- North: Minimum 40 hours / week.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster .