5 abril, 2019
This position will be within the International Section of the Legal Department, which is responsible for the provision of legal services for Anadarko’s international operations, including the day-to-day development, implementation, management and enhancement (from time-to time) of Anadarko’s Global Anti-Corruption Compliance Program and anti-corruption due diligence policies and procedures. The position will report to the Sr. Counsel – Compliance in Houston, Texas, but will work closely and coordinate with members of the Legal Department in Maputo, Mozambique.
This position will handle a variety of legal projects primarily dealing with the company’s anti-corruption compliance program, including, but not limited to, due diligence, vendor vetting, and contract drafting (e.g., activities related to the procurement of goods and services associated with the Resettlement and other initiatives in Cabo Delgado for AMA 1 ). The lawyer in this position may also be required, from time to time, to offer other legal support to the AMA 1 personnel working in Afungi.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience; experience with and knowledge of the energy sector and international upstream operations is a plus;
- A professional with the utmost integrity;
- Knowledge of and experience with anti-corruption laws and regulations, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (the “FCPA”) and the U.K. Bribery law 2010 (the “Bribery Act”);
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of anti-corruption legislation in Mozambique or other jurisdictions, compliance requirements pertaining to the oil and gas industry, and civil and corporate international law (knowledge of or experience with common law jurisdictions is a plus);
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; solid computer skills and excellent communication skills, with a particular emphasis on clear and precise writing;
- Initiative and drive, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across a complex organization and with all levels of management;
- Project management and organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects with varying deadlines and priorities;
- Solid organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Leadership skills and the ability to be an effective team player;
- Fluency in English and Portuguese (written and spoken);
- Project experience in Africa or similar remote locations preferred;
- Commercial acumen (ability to propose creative solutions, assess and prioritize risks and propose mitigation strategies).
Counsel and advise internal management and commercial clients on anti-corruption compliance issues arising under the FCPA, the Bribery Act and other applicable local, national and international anti-corruption laws. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Conduct anti-corruption due diligence on vendors, suppliers and co-venturers;
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks through a combination of directly representing the Company in a variety of transactions and/or thorough the management of business communications and decision-making;
- Interpret and prepare legal documents/contracts;
- Analyze proposed and existing legislation and provide guidance to management on current legal matters;
- Conduct anti-corruption training for company personnel, high-risk vendors and suppliers and other associated persons;
- Maintain constant contact with Houston Office compliance personnel in the International Section of the Legal Department;
- Assist with the provision of legal advice to management regarding compliance matters;
- Review and approve requests for charitable contributions, gifts and expenditures;
- Draft and negotiate anti-corruption compliance clauses;
- Design and oversee vendor anti-corruption compliance remediation plans.
As part of the global team, the position requires flexibility and diligence to interact and coordinate with colleagues and vendors located around the world to ensure consistent and timely execution of the Company’s business objectives overseas.
- LLM or Juris Doctor Degree from a recognized law school
This position will be based in Afungi, Cabo Delgado, on a rotational basis: Two weeks at the Afungi site, one week in the Maputo office of Anadarko Moçambique Area 1 Limitada (“AMA 1”), and one week off.
Approximately 10% travel on annual basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.
Expiration date: April 17, 2019