Sasol is recruiting a Plant Operations Manager.
Exploration and Production International
Exploration and Production International develops and manages the Group’s upstream interests in oil and gas exploration and production worldwide. Our portfolio includes conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon resources, with operations in South Africa, Mozambique, Gabon and Canada. We add value to the Group, not only as a sustainable provider of natural gas feedstock to our mid- and downstream operations in South Africa but also by growing our portfolio of assets in West and Central Africa. We are building a robust, risk-balanced portfolio by through the acquisition of high-impact, high-value assets predominantly in Africa.
Purpose of the Role
- To ensure that agreed on specification production volumes are achieved efficiently and safely;
- To ensure that production contributes to the increase of the business growth.
- Manage and control plant, manage plant personnel, meet Operations Production target in line with customer forecast, nomination and product quantity, reports (Fiscal, daily, monthly and as required and specified) and manage and enable production operations and make appropriate adjustments to deliver agreed volumes at optimal productivity and cost in time;
- Manage production plan for production unit, provide, implement and manage processes and activities associated with planning, scheduling, measuring, allocating, optimizing and reporting production system volumes, production system optimization including delivering on production targets, responsible for recording, responsible for the product quality reconciliation and allocation of production volumes;
- Ensures that self and team meet targets, due dates and quality standards, achieve agreed OPEX and CAPEX Budget up to a maximum of 100% current projected operations production forecast;
- Develop the budget, implement the budget, compile production budget and manage it and compile annual budget including volume. Compile annual long term production budget. Control cost to ensure production volumes are achieved within budget;
- Prioritize and optimize production opportunities, consistently reduce all non-value-adding work, consistently improve productivity and Improvement in emissions to flare;
- Delivering the compliance within the Safety and environmental plan, investigate opportunities to the bottle neck equipment and plant units, Safety, Health, Environment and emergency response;
- Delivering the compliance within the Safety and environmental plan, investigate opportunities to the bottle neck equipment and plant units, ensure that plant equipment is technically functioning as per design intend.
- Safety, Health, Environment and Emergency Response, HAZOP attendance to ensure safe design and plant changes, act as ER controller in the case of emergency and manage operations risks by making sure that all risks are identified, analyzed and mitigated to acceptable levels;
- Execute SHE strategy to achieve zero harm. Continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain license to operate;
- Manage, revise and improvement of Asset Management standards for production;
- Establish and run the operation within agreed envelope conditions, manage working capital cost, Manage products, process materials, assets, waste and pollutants and shutdown management;
- Liason with technology license holder, Identification of technical; problems/opportunities, benchmarking optimal solutions and practices, participating in/leading design decisions; managing implementation;
- Management of standards; Governance (where applicable) and Legal compliance.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- B.Eng /B.Sc. Eng. /B.Sc. (Hons)/B.Sc./B. Tech (Eng.) – Chemical or equivalent preference;
- Minimum of 2 years Production Management proven and demonstrated experience;
- 8 years total relevant and practiced Operations experience
- Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage;
- Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries;
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting;
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement;
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable;
- Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol;
- Leads organisational change, innovation and sustainability;
- Ensure that self and team achieve development objectives;
- Translate and cascade operational goals and long-term plans through effective two-way communication in the organization;
- Manage multi-level interfaces and integrate effectively. Interact with relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage operations knowledge by transforming, packaging, transferring and maintaining operations knowledge;
- Contribute in the translation and execution of the business strategy; objectives and plan into action for employees;
- Cascade operational goals and long-term plans through effective two-way communication in the organization.
- Develop and implement the production visions for the plant;
- Ensure that vision, values and business direction are embraced by the team.
Functional / Technical:
- Build effective working relationships with mangers, peers, team members, customers and suppliers;
- Communicate relevant information gained from Customers and external Interfaces with Peers on a monthly basis;
- Partnership with other part of the business;
- Facilitate and chair key production meetings;
- Understand customer needs and suppliers contributions to drive operational results in the best interest of the company;
- Consistently support the implementation of business optimization initiatives;
- Execute ten year planning and sustainable asset management;
- Ensure stable operations (ensure plant availability, throughput, maximum sustained operations);
- Manage production costs;
- Manage a BU strategy for the facility including Return on Invested Capital, as part of bigger BU and Sasol strategy;
- Create and maintain an operating unit by building and sustaining team;
- Optimal us of all resources including people, finances, and technology, energy
- Fluent in English and Portuguese;
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.
Expiration date: May 10, 2019