- Identify network faults and escalate them to various levels with the ultimate aim of clearing them and maintaining high standards of network quality;
- Need to interrogate systems and identify the problem, which are not clearly reported by network monitoring systems. This may involve statistical analysis and configuration knowledgeable.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Monitor, react to and log on FMS database all network faults and service complaints;
- Analyse and interrogate problematic network elements including repetitive faults and follow up on outstanding faults and customer complaints;
- Report problem elements to Vodacom Operations personnel (Switching, TX, RAN, VB, HLR&VAS, Billing, Power, M-Pesa, IT and IP);
- Escalate failures to Line Management as per Fault Escalation procedure;
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at Master Power and other Systems).
Key performance indicators:
- Network Availability;
- Network Quality and performance;
- SLA management;
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Relevant degrees or diplomas in Telecommunications and IT;
- T3 or BSC. – Must be technically related in hardware, software or systems;
- Excellent understanding of mobile technologies, UMTS (3G), LTE (4G), Optical Fiber.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- One year’s GSM System experience and power diagram and power supply knowledge;
- Good interpersonal skills and good planning skills;
- Desire to learn and develop all necessary technical skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in shift.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 29-May-19, 11:59:00 PM