Vodacom Mozambique is looking for a dynamic, talented and results driven development team manager for the new In-house development team. The incumbent is responsible for leading the implementation and improvement of all development processes including design, development, testing and release. As a senior technical and management member of the department, this roles provides the opportunity to significantly influence the future direction and effectiveness of the department through both department and system strategies.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Manage technical debt as part of daily activities
- Own the processes and lead improvement of core development related activities from design through release.
- Partner with other team members to ensure processes support the effective transition of projects into and through the delivery phases.
- Contribute for the future system roadmaps and strategy in terms of software development
- Provide ongoing support to ensure the continued personal development of direct reports
- Support project resource scheduling and capacity planning
- Ensure adherence to Coding best standards
Key performance indicators:
- Number of new/updated features released per quarter
- % of users of new features by channel
- Release frequency
- Defects per User Story points
- Productivity improvement
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Informatics, or similar
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in programming and/or system analysis applying agile frameworks.
- Experience in working with multiple programming and mark-up languages
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles
- Competency in UX principles and practices preferred.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Agile and lean programming and development of software in systems in web scale environments
- Expertise in multiple programming and markup languages
- DevOps culture and Cloud-native architectures, including public cloud Paas/Iaas, micro-services architectures, API
- Flexibility to deal with changing projects and priorities in a short pace of time.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn new methods and processes
- Strong relationship building, persuasion, and collaboration skills which drives internal-and cross-team constructive feedback and support
- Understanding of both the current telecommunications and digital services market and emerging business and technology trends
- Respectful and forthright
- Hard working, with integrity and takes pride in their work
- Ability to work and keep up in a fast paced environment
- Embodies the following 6 values of leadership:
- People Lover
- Decision maker
- Strategic Thinker
- Solution driver
- Team booster
- Game changer
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 13-Jun-19, 11:59:00 PM