- To provide strategic, effective and professional corporate communications support to the organization in Mozambique, including – but not limited to – corporate brand reputation building, internal communications, media relations, digital & social media, stakeholder management, community investment and issues & crisis management.
- To formulate, direct and implement the Operating Unit (OU) Strategic Marketing Plan that will support the achievement of: volume growth, market penetration, brand health and financial targets for the brands under scope. Responsible for establishing and implementing the OU Marketing Plan, based on the Marketing Planning Process and aligned with both the OU Business Objectives and the Central Marketing Strategy.
Principal Accountabilities (among other duties):
- Develop and deliver a strategic communications plan for Mozambique – in line with the Group strategy and plan – that delivers value to the company.
- Work closely with the leadership team to build the Vivo Energy’s reputation.
- Build and deliver a media strategy that supports a range of reputation building activities.
- Develop and personally undertake a comprehensive Government engagement programme to build and develop relationships with different levels of governmental authorities.
- Strategic Marketing Planning: Lead the development and implementation of the annual strategic marketing plans, with the supervision of the Central Marketing team, to achieve defined business objectives across all product categories and all channels. Translate business unit objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate business unit growth
- Customer Value Proposition: Lead the development and implementation of differentiated CVPs, under the guidance and supervision of the Central Marketing and Central Heads of Business (Retail & Commercial). Work with the OU Heads of Business (Retail & Commercial) to adapt centrally defined offerings, or offerings identified as best practices in other OUs, ultimately develop segment-specific offerings, and is responsible for tracking and measuring progress.
- Financials: Prepare annual SP&A (Sales Promotion & Advertising) budgets and manage the delivery of all marketing activity within the agreed budget. Monitor the business performance of the various categories and recommends corrective action when needed. Evaluate ROMI of marketing initiatives and conducts post investment reviews.
- Messaging: Leads the development and implementation of the marketing communications strategy for the brands under scope, under the supervision of the Central Marketing team
- Professional use of market communications including the economic use of Market Research, Strategic Planning, Advertising, Media, Sales promotions, Event Marketing, PR, Branded signage, Sponsorships and Database Marketing.
- Selects and manages external advertising and promotional agencies to extract maximum value and efficiencies
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Senior level Marketing professional with over eight (8) years of experience, at least three at a senior level or Communications degree, or related qualification with at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Accreditation with professional marketing bodies would be a plus
- Fluency in both the English and Portuguese languages is required
- Proven communications support to senior executives.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Proven track record of creating and managing effective alliances with various stakeholders (i.e. customers, media, colleagues, Governments etc.)
- Good understanding of Retail, B2C and/or B2B markets.
- Strong Retail Marketing experience would be a plus
- Highly evolved marketing skills and track record of converting marketing strategy into local implementation.
Interested candidates should e-mail thier applications (CVs, motivation letter and copies of degrees) to: email@example.com not later than 25th June 2019. Please consider yourself unsuccessful, should you not receive any feedback 2 weeks after the closing date.