8 julho, 2019
VillageReach works with governments to solve health care delivery challenges in low-resource communities. Our programs focus on increasing access to quality health care at the last mile, or the point at which services are delivered. We develop and implement new ideas and approaches to ensure vaccines and medicines are available, increase the capacity of health workers and ensure they have access to data to improve health. Our work improves the lives of more than 20 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach is headquartered in Seattle, WA with offices located in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Mozambique.
The Office and Transportation Assistant will ensure the most effective logistics and transportation for the Project in compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Assist with procurements, collecting offers, contacting vendors making bank deposits;
- Assist with logistics in regards to training events including identifying and setting up the venue, assisting with production of training materials, and transporting necessary equipment and people to the venue;
- Assist with daily project operations, as needed, in regards to office maintenance and repairs and provision of office supplies;
- Ensure that the office is organized to run efficiently and that office equipment and supplies are ordered on time and properly maintained;
- Perform other tasks as directed by Logistics Advisor;
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual;
- Basic skills on computer and Microsoft Office;
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization;
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed;
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach;
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach;
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position directly supervises up to 2 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 or graduate in Logistics or Administration;
- 2-5 years of experience working in global health or international development. Experience in Administration and Logistics,
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups;
- Passion for the mission of VillageReach, including strong commitment to global health, and a belief in the role of private sector solutions to public health systems;
- Must be qualified to work in Mozambique;
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income contexts;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally;
- Fluently Portuguese (written and speaking) and English is advantage
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until June,10 2019. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
Commitment to diversity & inclusion:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit villagereach-international-postings.workable.com.
Expiration date: July 10, 2019.