10 julho, 2019
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Project Office in Beira, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO Beira, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Incumbent will approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and display a strong client orientation. As such s/he will display flexibility in performing other emerging tasks assigned by RR or supervisor/manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; and
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Core Competences :
- Innovation- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership- Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Operational effectiveness- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties; review data; operate and maintained a variety of computerized business machines;
- Managing data- Ability to collect and compile data with speed and accuracy; transmit file data, to interpret data and draw conclusion and/or identifies patterns which support work of others ;
- Managing documents, Correspondence and Reports- Ability to create, edit and present information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable;
- Planning, Organizing and Multi-tasking- Ability to organize and accurately complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions and deadlines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education.
- 2 years work experience as a driver.
- Safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Proficiency in Portuguese
- English is desirable
- Valid Driver’s license
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.