Exploration and Production International
Exploration and Production International develops and manages the Group’s upstream interests in oil and gas exploration and production worldwide. Our portfolio includes conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon resources, with operations in South Africa, Mozambique, Gabon and Canada.
We add value to the Group, not only as a sustainable provider of natural gas feedstock to our mid- and downstream operations in South Africa but also by growing our portfolio of assets in West and Central Africa.
We are building a robust, risk-balanced portfolio by through the acquisition of high-impact, high-value assets predominantly in Africa.
Purpose of the job:
Be able to perform all artisan functions related to mechanical equipment maintenance and refurbishment, operations support and fault finding.
- Execution of tasks associated with Refurbishment of gas meters and mechanical equipment;
- An ability to scope and execute small projects;
- Ability to perform and facilitate statutory inspections;
- Basic practical knowledge of RBIs (Risk Based Inspection);
- Basic Rigging Knowledge;
- Lath and Milling machine basic operation knowledge;
- Knowledge in maintenance of Gas Turbines;
- Knowledge in Centrifugal and Screw Compressors maintenance;
- Full understanding of Centrifugal and reciprocating pumps;
- Fully understanding of condition monitoring process (Vibration and oil sample);
- Knowledge of various types Mechanical valves (e.g. in gate valve,PSVs pressure safety valves; ball valve, butterfly valve, etc);
- Compliance to the MOC (Management of Change) process for e.g changes to existing plant and equipment;
- Utilisation of and adherence to RCA (Root Cause Analysis) procedures;
- A practical understanding of hazardous area classifications;
- QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Certification) experiences a strong wish;
- A sound understanding of the OHS Act’s Pressure Equipment Regulations (PER)
- Full compliance to Sasol task risk assessments, work instructions and working procedures
- Compliance to the WMS (Works Management System)
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum: Grade 12 with Maths, Science & NQF 4 mechanical (fitter) trade test certificate;
- Strong wish: N4 certificate in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a qualified artisan.
- SAP experience is a must.
- Computer literate
- Valid Driving License
- English literacy
- A willingness, ability and commitment to further study towards a higher qualification
- Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
- Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol.
- Strongly goal orientated, hard working with strong career aspiration
- An ability to work alone and as a team member
- Easy to lead (humility) and willing to follow
- Problem solving and fault finding abilities
- Must be prepared to accept challenges, responsibility and accountability
- Must be able to work independently and fit into a team.
Closing date: 12 August 2019