22 agosto, 2019
The Systems Architect Lead is responsible for defining maintaining and evolving the emerging architecture that enables the digital vision and business objectives, maximising the value of technology disruptions into current and future capabilities. This role is responsible for identifying, analysing, and directing the execution of change towards the digital architecture vision and digital business vision, by providing and prioritising “technical epics”. The role will continuously assess, value and size initiatives to inform the larger CxO community and drive decisions related to the development of architecture runways aligned with Group CxO community.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Manage architecture vision and roadmap in alignment with the Digital Architecture blueprint from Vodafone Group. Create relevant blueprints as a key custodian of Vodacom Mozambique Strategy and Architecture.
- Oversee and lead the design, development, and deployment of digital architecture practices, standards, patterns and innovations
- Scout new technologies and vendors to enable innovation and identify technical enablers
- Manage innovation and establish the capability to monitor new technology developments and trends in the industry
- Provide thought leadership on foundational digital architecture best practices and disruptive technology trajectory and implications
- Definition of long-term business, data and IT architecture strategy and roadmap
- Definition of integration APIs and ecosystem strategy
- Technology innovation: scouting, screening and evaluation
- Ensure that all target architectures conform to regulatory, legal and adheres to “privacy by design” principles
- Support the Business in developing and executing RFPs and in the selection of appropriate enabling technology
Key performance indicators:
- 100% delivery yield as per the PI commitments – solutions presentation to C-Level executives.
- Documented architectural standards and methodologies, deployed.
- Development of Architecture transformation roadmaps
- Documented technical strategy and roadmap (LRP 3 years)
- Effective tracking of the delivery of key target architectures
- Manage innovation and establish the capability to monitor new technology
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Estimation techniques for scaled Agile approaches to the development of key target architectures
- Web-scale cloud-native architectures including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Design of infrastructure strategy and roadmap
- DevOps practices and automation tools
- Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data technologies and architectures
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving skills, with high levels of creativity and a practical approach that is principle-driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to distil complex technical concepts into simple terms, with strong persuasion skills to gain support for principles, standards and change
- Excellent relationship building, teamwork, and collaboration skills that enables the provision of effective support and guidance across programmes
- Knowledge of the Telecommunications and digital services market and emerging business and technology trends
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- Relevant experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
- Experience in IT strategic planning and development
- Experience in business capability modelling and technical and solution architecture development in a digital business context
Location: Edificio Vodacom
Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 28-Aug-19, 11:59:00 PM