Job profile summary:
Responsible for partnering with the business / corporate function / or within the Tax Function to provide either compliance services, tax reporting services or domestic and multi-jurisdictional tax advice (dependent on specialism), to help optimise BP’s tax position and effectively manage any potential tax risks.
1. Educational background
- Degree in Finance and Accounting (Preferred);
- Ideally the successful candidate will have a recognised professional tax training, with a sound knowledge of Mozambique and general corporate and international tax principles.
(Candidates without a specialist tax background but with experience and a proven track record in other Finance related activities may also be considered and specialised training and coaching will be given as required.)
2. Experience (years and nature)
- 5 Years of experience in relevant business sector;
- Strong relationship building and communication skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Capable of acting autonomously and taking decisions in a challenging environment;
- A recognized, committed and enthusiastic team player;
- Mozambique nationality (required).
3. Key accountabilities
- Hold relationship with Revenue and Customs Authorities;
- Provide payroll tax advice to HR;
- Link between Sugar Mills and Revenue Authorities on tax concessions;
- Compile Customs Returns and prepare payments for National Tax Manager approval;
- Engage with auditors and facilitate tax audits;
- Responsible for fiscal assets register and wear and tear tax allowances;
- Perform provisional tax calculations;
- Completion of Provisional Tax forms;
- Perform year end detailed corporate tax calculations;
- Complete annual corporate tax return;
- Complete all statutory tax forms;
- Calculate investment incentives and keep track of capital spend;
- Complete and file monthly VAT return;
- Complete and file monthly Fuel Tax return;
- Perform reconcilliations of tax balance sheet accounts;
- Responsible for account re-classification for tax purposes.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bp.com.
Expiration date:September 27, 2019