10 outubro, 2019
Role purpose: Operations and maintenance of regional transmission network, including VSAT, Microwave, Optical and IP Transmission network nodes.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Work hand in glove with central Transmission department in Maputo in the operations and maintenance of transmission network (VSAT, Microwave, and Optical and IP Transmission network nodes).
- Carry-out preventive and corrective maintenance tasks to troubleshoot and resolve Transmission network (VSAT, Microwave, Optical and IP Transmission network nodes) faults.
- Carry-out periodic optical fiber and microwave routes visits to confirm the normal operation and status of the network.
- Liase with selected Vodacom Suppliers pertaining to regional Transmission Network implementation and maintenance activities.
- Liase with key stakeholders such as Other Mobile network operators and Electricity supply authority to resolve network connectivity and infrastructure issues.
- Maintenance of regional Transmission network assets including assigned tools, test equipment and network spares units.
- Provide inputs for new and innovative Transmission Network solutions based on cost, flexibility, speed of implementation and reliability.
- To provide support in the ground for the design/Planning team, implementation and optimization of a National Transmission Network Strategy (Access and Core).
- Conduct technical survey for new routes installations including optical fiber routes, microwave links and VSAT.
- Ensure that the current Transmission network Database is updated and maintained (VSAT, Microwave, IP Transmission network nodes, DWDM and Optical fiber routes).
- Participate in new network nodes acceptances and handover.
- Carry-out installations, commissioning, acceptances and integration for all newly installed regional transmission equipment and provide detailed Acceptance Test Protocol report.
Key performance indicators:
- Network Availability and Performance targets are met.
- Resolve assigned network Maintenance Contractors with agreed S
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge and experience in Transmission network operations and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in both English and Portuguese.
- Transport Network Architecture.
- Willingness to work extended hours during troubleshooting until the problem is resolved.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team.
- Deadline driven.
- Presentation skills.
- Research Skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Communication skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent Computer Literacy.
- Should be able to travel nationally and internationally when required.
- Ability to think on one’s feet
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- A 5-year Engineering Degree/BSC degree.
- 5 years in Telecommunications Transmission industry.
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent.
Closing Date: 17-Oct-19, 11:59:00 PM