29 outubro, 2019
M-Pesa Legal Advisor – EDI0000FX
The Legal Advisor Specialist will be a member o fthe M-Pesa Compliance team. He or She will assist in the effective management of the Compliance program within M-Pesa. He or she will be required to work in conjuction with various áreas within the Institution and be responsible for the relationship with a specific Regulator i.e. the Court of Law and the Attorney General’s Office of the Republic of Mozambique.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Ready, analyse, vet contracts, addendums and other relevant documents written or shared with Compliance;
- Ensure effective management of contracts/ agreements as well archiving of same;
- Prepare and where required provide a Legal overview or views
- Ensure proper follow and or direct legal proceedings when prompted by the Judicial Authorities;
- Ensure Compliance with firm’s related Policies and Procedures. Escalate non Compliance, where applicable;
- Analyse and interpret legal documents;
- Provide legal assistance to various firm departments i.e. M-Pesa;
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues in the elaboration of documents within various departments within the firm;
- Responds and manages complaints deriving from customer or the Regulator i.e. The Central Bank of Moçambique and
- Review and assess adequacy of Terms and Conditions and Firm Policies/ Procedures.
Key performance indicators:
- Good relationship with the Regulator;
- Maintain colleagues escalation to a minimum when instances of providing feedback isn’t on time;
- Ensure timely response of Customer complaints and Regulatory request when dealing with customers and products.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Local Laws which take into account customer fair treatment, products and M-Pesa conduct as a Financial Instituion,
- Keen mind and positive outlook;
- Thorough in work with a high level of attention to detail;
- Being Proactive and pro solutions,
- Ability to analyse and provide an assessment on a given subject and
- High degree of personal integrity.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law;
- Certification in AML and/or Compliance is an advantage.
- Experienced Legal professional with 2 or more years in a compliance or related field;
- Knowledge of telecommunications is an advantage;
: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent.
Closing Date: 29-Oct-19, 2:59:00 PM