Exploration and Production International
Exploration and Production International develops and manages the Group’s upstream interests in oil and gas exploration and production worldwide. Our portfolio includes conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon resources, with operations in South Africa, Mozambique, Gabon and Canada.
We add value to the Group, not only as a sustainable provider of natural gas feedstock to our mid- and downstream operations in South Africa but also by growing our portfolio of assets in West and Central Africa.
We are building a robust, risk-balanced portfolio by through the acquisition of high-impact, high-value assets predominantly in Africa. (
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure production volumes by applying expert technical knowledge and ensure maximum equipment availability. A process Artisan operates process equipment, systems and processes for a specific plant/unit within the Sasol environment to achieve production requirements in a safe manner
- Analyze P&ID’s to aid plant maintenance, optimization and problem solving and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Describe the operation of all processes within assigned area, assess overall plant condition and take appropriate action: o Monitor critical variables, Compare, analyze and act on Routine Duty findings, Lead and instruct operators during plant Start-up and Shut- downs, lead in responding to conditions that could lead to abnormal conditions, Analyze data to anticipate operating problems and Write plant process draft procedures.
- Comply with the storage requirements for hazardous material, describe the consequences of cross contamination, explain how to prevent cross contamination, respond to a loss of containment, respond when you or a colleague come into contact with a hazardous material.
- Ensure shift logs are completed and contain accurate information, Conduct shift handovers, clarify any concerns over the handover information with the appropriate person, Instruct others in how to complete an effective handover and explain the types of handover problems with reference to major disasters.
- Monitor processes to ensure alarm parameters are not met, provide an alarm summary report, perform routine checks of all process alarms and use measures to rectify alarm situations and report suppressed and nuisance alarms to supervisor and suggest actions to rectify.
- Explain the roles and purpose of DCS components, authorize DCS permissive systems, assemble trend packages to best convey plant conditions, conduct advanced or detailed event history interrogation and generate maintenance override logs and reports.
- This position for Mozambicans only
- NQF Level 4 Occupational
- NQF Level 4 Vocational
- Senior Artisan competency
- Typically 7 Years Relevant Experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Functional / Technical
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement.
- Support short to medium term EM strategy
- Provides input into Emergency Management Operations strategy
- Women are invited to apply
Applications: To apply please access to http://www.sasol.com/careers/experienced-professionals/current-opportunities , and click in Africa, United States and International – view jobs – select action) e select “Senior Process Artisan”. CV’s must be in English.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.