PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to provide support and direction in the areas of pipeline integrity, corrosion control and monitoring, failure analysis, materials engineering, training and direction to pipeline integrity teams.
- Provide training and direction to pipeline integrity personnel
- Develop and Maintain Pipeline Operation & Maintenance Procedures
- Conduct pipeline risk assessments
- Conduct field training with owners with respect to pipeline operations
- Perform regular reviews of pipeline information: new pipelines, decommissioned pipelines, pipeline fluid changes, mitigation, monitoring and inspections results analyze.
- Direct corrosion mitigation, inspection, and corrosion monitoring activities for assigned
- Track pipeline integrity program compliance and assist owners to meet requirements
- Carry out bid engineering support and prepare technical bid packages for pipeline pigging and corrosion inhibitor flowlines dosing.
- Develop Cost-Time Resource (CTRs) and Major Deliverables Register (MDR) and furnish weekly/monthly progress report (including concerns) for the project/department/management.
- Execute detailed engineering design of pipeline and construction/installation support engineering or follow-on engineering, Procurement support, etc.
- Perform onshore pipeline design.
- Check and develop field layouts, route map, alignment sheets for pipeline design.
- Prepare technical requisitions, datasheets, specifications, technical bid evaluation, vendor data review, technical clarifications, inspection and test plans, Criticality rating for pipeline items such as Line Pipes, Coating, Subsea Valves and other as procurement support engineering.
- Inputting/transferring data to the GIS administrator and SAP administrator and Quality control of data input/output
- Providing recommendations on repair methods and inspection methods required for effective and sustainable PIMS.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Work experience of 5 years in engineering and pipeline integrity management
- Degree in on the following Engineering fields: Metallurgy or Mechanical.
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of applicable pipeline codes and regulations
- Knowledge of API standards applicable to pipeline and pressure equipment inspection, testing, and corrosion control
- Thorough understanding of common deterioration mechanisms in pipelines
- Knowledge of pipeline corrosion mitigation strategies
- Knowledge of pipeline inspection methods
- Good leadership, planning, organizing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Ability and willingness to meet agreed deadlines
- Well-developed report writing skills
- English spoken, written and working language
Women are encouraged to apply.
Applications: To apply please access to http://www.sasol.com/careers/experienced-professionals/current-opportunities , and click in Africa, United States and International – view jobs – select action) e select “Pipeline Integrity Engineer”. Applications close on 30 November 2019. CV’s must be in English.