6 dezembro, 2019
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Commodities for Health: Ensuring Guaranteed Access & Reliability (CHEGAR). The activity, valued between $4 million and $10 million, aims to establish an effective and efficient transportation system in Mozambique for medical commodities by engaging the private sector to provide transport and transport management solutions. The program will be rolled out province by province. CHEGAR will focus on the provinces to address the last mile of the public health supply chain, where challenges are most acute and current system and support structures are insufficient. The program aims to bring a specialized technical and functional focus to a fragmented supply chain challenged by inadequate infrastructure, human resources, accountability mechanisms, and information systems.
The chief of party will provide overall strategic leadership and oversight to the activity. This position will be based in Maputo. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and management oversight and assume primary responsibility for all technical and operational aspects of activity implementation
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the government of Mozambique, the Ministry of Health, local counterparts, private and public sector partners, and other program stakeholders
- Foster, maintain, and grow collaborative, productive, and effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and implementing partners
- Ensure timely submission of high-quality project deliverables to USAID Lead project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Ensure that project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations, project results are proactively and compliantly disseminated, and lessons are shared and incorporated to inform project performance and continuous improvement
- Manage the project team, including supervision of project and operational staff and consortium members
- Oversee finances and cash flow, approve project office expenditures, and ensure that the project complies with Chemonics and USAID rules and regulations, and has systems in place to mitigate the risk of fraud, waste, and abuse
- Master’s degree or higher in supply chain management, business management, public health, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leadership positions designing and overseeing implementation, strategic direction, and technical vision of supply chains and technical assistance programs of similar size and scope in Mozambique or East or Southern Africa
- Depth and breadth of knowledge in the field of health supply chain strengthening and the industry’s latest trends and best practices
- Excellent managerial, communications, and operational experience, preferably managing large, impactful USAID projects involving coordination with multiple implementing public and private sector stakeholders
- Experience developing activity work-plans and budgets, managing project implementation, supervising staff, and coordinating short-term technical assistance
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, and skills transfer
- Past chief of party experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English; proficient Portuguese
Please apply through https://chemonics_nb.formstack.com/forms/mozambique__chegar by completing the questionnaire and uploading a CV, including three recent professional references and a cover letter, by December 15, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. If you have any issues with the form please reach out to mozambiqueCHEGARRecruit@chemonics.com , however, no applications submitted to this email will be considered.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/ .
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.