Role purpose:Drive the expansion of financial services guaranteeing that M-Pesa has relevant impact in the financial inclusion agenda in Mozambique.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Identify and validate opportunities for financial services in the M-Pesa portfolio.;
- Guarantee customer centricity in the design of new financial services in M-Pesa’s product portfolio;
- Develop and maintain business cases for the M-Pesa financial service portfolio guaranteeing that the core products have an associated financial impact;
- Design, plan and project-manage the implementation of new products and enhancements to the current product portfolio across all disciplines involved in the process;
- Define the Product Strategy for M-Pesa’s financial services;
- Guarantee that the M-Pesa financial services are aligned with the business context and vision
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Customer Centricity – Ability to empathize with the customer guaranteeing that the products being built are aligned with the business contex;
- Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & customer. Solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the M-Pesa portfolio; able to identify opportunities for M-Pesa and define and implement these opportunities into reality;
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions. Expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage;
- Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization;
- Presentation and communication skills – written and oral.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree in Commercial or Information Technology related areas;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a management role within an innovation function with cross-functional exposure;
- Project management certification and experience will be an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of the financial services and telecommunications industries will be an advantage;
- Strong planning and networking skills;
- Ability to draft product requirement documents and business cases.
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent.
Closing Date: 20-Dec-19, 1:59:00 PM