Role purpose:To drive digital acceleration against M-Pesa’s product portfolio guaranteeing that all products in M-Pesa’s portfolio are available through a digital channel.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Identify and validate opportunities in the M-Pesa Digital Product portfolio;
- Develop and maintain business cases for the M-Pesa digital product portfolio guaranteeing that the core products have an associated financial impact;
- Design, plan and project-manage the implementation of new digital products and enhancements to the current product portfolio across all disciplines involved in the process;
- Guarantee that the M-Pesa digital products are aligned with the business context and vision;
- To guarantee that the user experience across M-Pesa’s digital products is aligned with the customer’s needs;
- Drive innovation throughout the M-Pesa product portfolio guaranteeing that global innovation practices are employed throughout the M-Pesa department.
Key performance indicators:
- Timely delivery of agreed core product roadmap;
- New product usage OKRs relative to business case (unique users, number of transactions, revenue, etc.);
- M-Pesa’s digital product rating;
- Net Promoter Score leadership in the Mobile Money categories of: “range of products and services”, “ease of use of services on mobile”, “simple and easy”, “offers something different”, and “understands your needs”.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Strong Communication Skills – Ability to ensure active communication with internal and external stakeholders;
- Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & customer. Solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the M-Pesa portfolio; able to identify opportunities for M-Pesa and define and implement these opportunities into reality;
- Customer Centricity – Solid understanding of techniques necessary to correctly align the product offering to the customer’s needs;
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions. Expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage;
- Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization;
- Presentation and communication skills – written and oral.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree in Commercial or Information Technology related areas;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a management role within an innovation function with cross-functional exposure;
- Project management certification and experience will be an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of digital products and analytics tools;
- Strong planning and networking skills.
- Ability to draft product requirement documents and business cases.
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent.
Closing Date: 20-Dec-19, 1:59:00 PM