The key responsibility of a Solutions Architect within M-Pesa Technology and Operations domain is to create technical solution designs and guide the project implementation during the development, technical setup and deployment phases. Working as a Solutions Architect, you will be supporting the delivery of technical solutions that meet the M-Pesa business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the Global reference architecture and Vodafone Group’s architectural principles.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Interpret business challenges and technical issues and effectively communicate how a solution will align to their needs and requirements;
- Work in close cooperation with Business Analysts and Software Developers to drive the continuous evolution and improvement of market and group-lead initiatives;
- Owner of the Solution Integration statement of work which translates the high level design and requirements into detailed technical deliverables, identifying the risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies for submission into the Programme risk register;
- Assist Software Developers in translating high level designs in to low level designs;
- Create and maintain Service Packages;
- Technical risk/issue ownership and management/resolution during solution delivery;
- Contribute and lead technology selection process and make or buy decisions;
- Collaborate with SCRUM master/Project Manager and members of Agile squad to ensure timely and accurate delivery of requirements;
Key performance indicators :
- Does the delivered solution meet the Company’s quality standards?
- Were the assigned tasks delivered on time?
- Does the delivered solution meet business and technical requirements?
- Were the business needs met?
- Does the technical solution follow VF Group’s and the Industries’ best practices?
- Is the solution easily scalable and configurable?
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Financial services experience;
- A desire to make a difference and a proven willingness for continuous learning;
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking;
- Ability to succinctly tell a story and influence stakeholders;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (essential);
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of the applications;
- A problem solving mind-set utilizing technology;
- Proven stakeholder engagement and management skills;
- Technical knowledge in: Unix based Oss (Admin level), Database Operations and Administration (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Unix based systems, JSON and SOAP APIs, Cryptographic algorithms, IP Networks;
- Experience with Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other Enterprise Architecture methodologies.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in IT / engineering (essential);
- CCNA certification (desirable);
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification or CompTIA Security+ (desirable);
- An AWS certification: Cloud Practitioner, Architect, Operations (desirable);
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent.