ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the role is to provide continuous and accurate input into financial, business and production license (the asset) decision making at a tactical/ operational level, the completion of financial accounting and all upstream / venture accounting reporting requirements as well as the day to day execution of financial related activities mostly focused on serving the production license partners.
- Contributing to Organizational Operating Decisions
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Operations
- Financial Planning and Reporting
- Financial Systems
- Financial Stakeholder Relations
- Legislative and Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
- Strategic Thinking/ Business Analysis
- System changes and enhancements based on business requirements
- Ensure the integrity of the general accounts and the structure of the ledger, at the asset level as well as per Sasol share
- Good understanding of SAP FI and SAP JVA module to ensure alignment with management reporting objectives and requirements
- Preparation of financial information for Sasol reporting
- Preparation of financial information for the asset reporting
- Comply with internal SOX controls and quarterly SOX training
- B Comm(Hons)/CTA(Commerce/accounting) or equivalent
- B Com (Hons) accounting or equivalent
- B Com/B Tech Accounting
- Proven practical technical and financial reporting experience
- B Comm(Hons)/CTA(Commerce/accounting) or equivalent with 2 years post article experience
- B Com (Hons) accounting or equivalent with 4 years post article experience
- B Com/B Tech Accounting or equivalent with 6 years post article experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Authentically and inclusively engages all stakeholders in developing business relevant solutions.
- A talent magnet. Proven ability to identify talent and further invest in talent.
- Partnership Leadership:
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders.
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Build and establish core capabilities through partners and peers.
- Business Leadership:
- Demonstrates business acumen.
- A global mindset and exercises sound judgment.
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
- Outside-in approach when developing learning solutions
- Strategic Leadership
- Leads the Core and Critical skills portfolio within Sasol in an innovative and sustainable manner.
- Strong internal and external networks
- Ability to benchmark and spot best tap into relevant best practices
- Continuously develop self
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
Applications: To apply please access to http://www.sasol.com/careers/opportunities and click in Africa, United States and International – view jobs – select action) e select“–Senior Venture Accountant: Production Assets” CVs must be in English. Last day for applications is 25 of December 2019.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.