Make the extreme value out of data by proactively gathering information from various sources for analysis for a better understanding about the business performance and exploit new threats and revenue stream opportunities. Build AI tools that automate vital processes within M-Pesa.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Perform automated market analyses to dynamically raise business advises to changing market conditions;
- Discover new predictive insights in our dataset and design systems that regularly compute new predictive models;
- Read and conduct research to develop mathematical solutions to our most pressing problems;
- Support M-Pesa Systems data streams and integrity;
- Support M-Pesa Systems service automatic reconciliation;
- Support M-Pesa Business units reporting demands;
- Support M-Pesa Business, Products and Services quality assurance;
- Support M-Pesa Business growth through BIG DATA Initiatives;
- Support M-Pesa Strategy.
Key performance indicators :
- Speed In data analytics;
- Precision in data analytics;
- Permanent Data Integrity;
- Proactive Big DATA analytics (advisory),
- Acting the Vodacom way and Ethics.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Microsoft Suit (Access, Excel, PPT, Visual Basic, Projects, Visio);
- GSM and e-commerce knowledge is desirable;
- IT Infrastructure and IP Networking experience;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese;
- Strong analytical skills are required;
- SQL, Business Intelligence, PowerBI, Business Objects, OracleBI, Qliksense;
- Prior experience with machine learning algorithms and their implementations;
- Experience with manipulating large data sets;
- Proven ability at architecting scalable, high-performance systems.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, IT or related discipline;
- 5+ years’ experience in data science;
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis;
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience;
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS);
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects;
- Professional certifications.
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 23-Dec-19, 1:59:00 PM