The Programme Coordinator provides strategic leadership on convening and coordination of partnerships among intergovernmental organizations, local government, CSOs, professional associations and international development agencies in the substantive and related programme areas. More specifically, the Programme Coordinator provides leadership and technical guidance for planning, implementation and monitoring ofb the Company’s programmes related to SRH, adolescents and youth in Cabo Delgado, such as child marriage and other forms of GBV, adolescent pregnancy, ASRH services, comprehensive sexuality education, expanded economic opportunities, youth participation and leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Master´s degree in health, gender studies, demography, social sciences, or other related disciplines.
Knowledge and experience:
● Minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area, preferably in public, NGO and/or international institutions.
● Field experience in ASRHR, gender, humanitarian assistance and coordination is required.
● Good knowledge of the programme development mechanism of the United Nations country programmes.
● Experience in coordination of multi-sectoral project working groups or coordination committees in Mozambique, is an asset.
● Familiarity with UNFPA/UN country operations and procedures an asset.
● Excellent oral and written communication in English and Portuguese.
● Proficiency in the latest office software applications.
● IT ability to familiarize with ERP (Atlas), PeopleSoft, SAP, or other web-based integrated system.
The Programme Coordinator is responsible for:
Programme/Project Coordination and Management:
● Ensure strategic alignment of the Company’s Country Programme Document and national policies and strategies, through sound advice and technical support in the area of ASRHR at provincial level.
● Provide technical and programme leadership, management, and strategic support and guidance to the Cabo Delgado team team. Lead timely planning, monitoring, execution and reporting of programme/project interventions, in close coordination with other stakeholders and implementing partners, and in accordance with the programme document, agreements and policies and procedures.
● Focus on maximizing programme impact, paying particular attention to the global commitment to Leave No One Behind. Identify and provide strategic evidence-based advice in the substantive area.
● Contribute to the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for the delivery of technical assistance and programme support to partners, grounded in, and responsive to national priorities, with a particular attention given to My Choice and Humanitarian Assistance interventions.
● Assist the provincial multi-sectoral coordination committees to share key research, data and information related to SRHR and GBV issues among adolescents and youth to ensure improved access to information for all key stakeholders.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance, pension and other benefits as applicable.
Vaga disponível até o dia 20-12-2019