6 janeiro, 2020
EHOD: Mpesa will be a member of the FinOps leadership team managing the End to End financial Accounting processes of Mpesa company in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with defined operating procedures, policies, Central bank regulations, VGIAP, compliance and business partner service level agreements.
The Role holder is responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all M-PESA transactions, including proper authorization of money transfer transactions and provide internal consultancy for M-PESA finance requirements to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Leadership (people and stakeholders):
- Contribute to achieving World Class Mpesa Finance team;
- Lead a team in managing related processes, working closely with other team leaders and other key stakeholders;
- Ensuring, the key deliverables are met by the team;
- Establish relationships with the wider Finance teams, business stakeholders and Vodacom/Vodafone Group to ensure service level agreements are met and delivered;
- Coaching the team on a transactional and reporting level;
- As a key member of the wider FinOps leadership team, ensure your involvement in driving the successes of all processes.
- Provide regular updates on performance of the sub process(es);
- Follow the escalation path and non-surprise management philosophy;
- Identify promote and implement initiatives to drive automation and improve sub process;
- Support the team in resolving operational process and control issues;
- Perform call over sessions with team members as required by the Performance Dialogue process and provide call over minutes for review by the HOFO.
- M-PESA Risk reduction in-Review of M-PESA Trust Bank Accounts, operational and functional system requirements;
- Manage Float administration and reconciliations;
- Performing Finance month end in accordance with the financial calendar;
- Perform monthly variance analysis and reports and provide valid reasons on variances identified.
Key performance indicators:
- Clean audits both internal and external;
- Compliance with all Regulatory Reporting deadlines;
- Continuous support to the business and within agreed SLAs.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
Job Related Skill:
- Strong people management skills (proven ability to motivate and empower others in order to reach organisational goals;
- Problem solver and analytical thinker;
- Operational excellence and attention to detail;
- Change management;
- Ability to adapt quickly in a new environment and work on multiple systems/platforms;
- Ability to communicate financial information with non-finance employees;
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels
- Knowledge and experience in large ERPs (especially SAP and Hyperion reporting);
- Knowledge of IFRS, Local GAAP, Tax and Central bank regulatory rules;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, especially Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of Accounting principles
- 5+ years related financial experience, specifically in a similar role in the banking or mobile telecommunications sector. Mobile money experience will be beneficial
- Treasury and Exchange Control experience & knowledge.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Completed relevant Accounting degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within Finance operations;
- Professional Accounting Qualification (Chartered Accountant).
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent.
Closing Date: 09-Jan-20, 1:59:00 PM