Job Profile Summary
- Provide analytical support on regulatory issues in Mozambique;
- Provide direct support to the Business to maximize value extraction from the regulatory framework;
- Assist the business in ensuring compliance with the petroleum sector regulations.
Primary Role Accountabilities:
- Provide high quality analytical input on regulatory matters in Mozambique with the purpose of supporting BP’s engagement with Governments and other external stakeholders;
- Assist in providing expertise on regulatory matters and drive value and compliance;
- Provide input to the Businesses Strategy and Planning processes to ensure alignment with the regulatory intent;
- Assist in developing an internal regulatory process to ensure world class support for external engagements;
- Act as gatekeeper for the compliance of petroleum sector regulations in Mozambique;
- Pricing analysis and regulatory pricing leakages;
- Act as industry pricing forum representative in support of the business;
- Attend to ad-hoc regulatory matters;
- Key link for Finance Manager to Performance Team (CBM);
- Key link for Finance Manager to GBS;
- Ad-hoc finance analysis and project finance support;
- Support in-country Business with finance support including customer / site finance issues (discounts, stock losses, ad-hoc profitability analysis.
Critical skills, experience & qualifications: Qualifications:
- Degree in Economics or Accountant/ Regulatory Law;
- A post gradute qualification will be an add advantage.
- Extensive analytical experience with a high level of numeracy;
- A broad understanding of all facets of the value chain;
- Strong team player and well developed interpersonal skills and ability to make a personal impact;
- Preferably 2-5 years experience in reviewing legislation;
- Preferably a legal background;
- Petroleum Industry experience is preferable;
- Good business acumen;
- Mozambique Nationality (required).
Other relevant or desirable skills, experience & qualifications:
- A good undergraduate degree that demonstrates a strong analytical ability;
- Bilingual: English and Portuguese: Ability to read, write and understand.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit careers.bpglobal.com.
Expiration date: March 11, 2020